Mar 8, 2011, 3:35 PM EST
You can thank me later when you waste the rest of your day on this site.
How do you link two bad big-men contracts in the NBA: the legendary Jon Koncak of the Hawks and today’s Darko Milicic? You plug them in the new NBA 6 Degrees of Seperations site and find out they are not that separated. (We were tipped off to this site by Howard Beck of the New York Times.)
Jon Koncak 1991-92 Atlanta Hawks to Stacey Augmon
Stacey Augmon 2005-06 Orlando Magic to Darko Milicic
The site is the brainchild Ben Blatt and Arjun Modi of the Harvard College Sports Analysis Collective. Plug in any two names from now to 1949 to NBA rosters as of December 2010 and the site will connect them for you.
Say, Bob Cousy to Rajon Rondo:
Bob Cousy 1969-70 Cincinnati Royals to Fred Foster
Fred Foster 1976-77 Buffalo Braves to Moses Malone
Moses Malone 1993-94 Philadelphia 76ers to Dana Barros
Dana Barros 2003-04 Boston Celtics to Kendrick Perkins
Kendrick Perkins 2006-07 Boston Celtics to Rajon Rondo
Or, Shawn Kemp to Blake Griffin:
Shawn Kemp 1997-98 Cleveland Cavaliers to Brevin Knight
Brevin Knight 2007-08 Los Angeles Clippers to Chris Kaman
Chris Kaman 2010-11 Los Angeles Clippers to Blake Griffin
Just go there and start wasting time.
- Report: D.J. Augustin reaches deal with Chicago Bulls 1
- PBT Extra: Talking Pacers win over Heat; Aldridge vs. Howard showdown 8
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 12
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 9
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 16