Mar 8, 2011, 8:30 PM EDT
“This is the NBA: No Boys Allowed. Big boys don’t cry. But if you’re going to do it, do it in the toilet where no one sees you.”
—Phil Jackson, when asked Thursday night about the report that some Miami Heat players cried after their loss to the Bulls on Sunday (via Kevin Ding at the Orange County Register). Jackson’s first comment was that he didn’t want to talk about the Heat situation, but then the little devil that likes so much to stir the pot couldn’t help itself.
The Lakers take on the Heat Thursday night in Miami.
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 0
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 12
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14