Mar 8, 2011, 8:30 PM EST
“This is the NBA: No Boys Allowed. Big boys don’t cry. But if you’re going to do it, do it in the toilet where no one sees you.”
—Phil Jackson, when asked Thursday night about the report that some Miami Heat players cried after their loss to the Bulls on Sunday (via Kevin Ding at the Orange County Register). Jackson’s first comment was that he didn’t want to talk about the Heat situation, but then the little devil that likes so much to stir the pot couldn’t help itself.
The Lakers take on the Heat Thursday night in Miami.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 0
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 3
- Report: Sixers engaged in buyout talks with JaVale McGee 17
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 8
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6