Mar 8, 2011, 8:30 PM EDT
“This is the NBA: No Boys Allowed. Big boys don’t cry. But if you’re going to do it, do it in the toilet where no one sees you.”
—Phil Jackson, when asked Thursday night about the report that some Miami Heat players cried after their loss to the Bulls on Sunday (via Kevin Ding at the Orange County Register). Jackson’s first comment was that he didn’t want to talk about the Heat situation, but then the little devil that likes so much to stir the pot couldn’t help itself.
The Lakers take on the Heat Thursday night in Miami.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 16
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32