Mar 8, 2011, 6:13 PM EDT
Doc Rivers has announced that Celtics forward Glen “Big Baby” Davis will miss the next two games due to a lingering left knee injury that Davis said has been bothering him the whole season. CSNNE.com’s A. Sherrod Blakely has the full story:
You can add Glen Davis to the list of Boston Celtics players getting some “strategic rest” right now.
Coach Doc Rivers said the left knee injury that has sidelined Davis for the last two games, will keep him out of action Wednesday against Golden State as well as Friday’s game at Philadelphia.
While Davis admits the knee isn’t completely healthy, he says he wouldn’t be on the bench if this were the playoffs.
“Oh, no way. Playoffs? I’d have to play with that,” Davis said. “I’ve been playing with this [injury] the whole season. A couple weeks ain’t going to hurt a little bit. As long as I don’t get to the point where I can’t walk.”
The recent acquisition of Jeff Green will definitely soften the blow of losing Davis, but “Big Baby” is definitely a valuable piece for the Celtics, and Boston knows it needs him in the playoffs. Jermaine O’Neal, Shaquille O’Neal, Delonte West, and Von Wafer are also currently injured, so the Celtics’ depth will be tested in the next two games.
- A ‘devastated’ Manu Ginobili says he has no clue how Spurs will re-energize in time for Game 7 4
- Spurs execution fails them when it matters most. Can they get it back for Game 7? 5
- Heat force a Finals Game 7 with thrilling overtime win over Spurs 7
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 96
- PBT Extra: Talking Duncan, LeBron legacies; plus Game 6 12
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (98)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'