Mar 8, 2011, 5:44 PM EST
We told you it was close last week, and apparently now close is a reality.
To get an idea just how much Karl means to this team, remember how steep the drop off was when he was out — due to cancer from which he thankfully has recovered — and Adrian Dantley had to guide them into the post-season. The Nuggets were not the same.
Karl is a good fit in Denver, a player that really likes to push the pace but whose teams like to play defense. That seems a good fit with the rebuilding process we are about to see in Denver in the wake of the Carmelo Anthony trade.
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 2
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 1
- Expect to see facilitator Kobe in his return to Lakers 5
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players 25
- Knicks lose by 41 points at home to Celtics 24
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)