Mar 8, 2011, 5:44 PM EST
We told you it was close last week, and apparently now close is a reality.
To get an idea just how much Karl means to this team, remember how steep the drop off was when he was out — due to cancer from which he thankfully has recovered — and Adrian Dantley had to guide them into the post-season. The Nuggets were not the same.
Karl is a good fit in Denver, a player that really likes to push the pace but whose teams like to play defense. That seems a good fit with the rebuilding process we are about to see in Denver in the wake of the Carmelo Anthony trade.
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 0
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 0
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 2
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 22
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9