Mar 8, 2011, 5:44 PM EST
We told you it was close last week, and apparently now close is a reality.
To get an idea just how much Karl means to this team, remember how steep the drop off was when he was out — due to cancer from which he thankfully has recovered — and Adrian Dantley had to guide them into the post-season. The Nuggets were not the same.
Karl is a good fit in Denver, a player that really likes to push the pace but whose teams like to play defense. That seems a good fit with the rebuilding process we are about to see in Denver in the wake of the Carmelo Anthony trade.
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 0
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 12
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41