Mar 8, 2011, 5:44 PM EST
We told you it was close last week, and apparently now close is a reality.
To get an idea just how much Karl means to this team, remember how steep the drop off was when he was out — due to cancer from which he thankfully has recovered — and Adrian Dantley had to guide them into the post-season. The Nuggets were not the same.
Karl is a good fit in Denver, a player that really likes to push the pace but whose teams like to play defense. That seems a good fit with the rebuilding process we are about to see in Denver in the wake of the Carmelo Anthony trade.
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 4
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 5
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 19
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 60
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8