Mar 8, 2011, 5:44 PM EDT
We told you it was close last week, and apparently now close is a reality.
To get an idea just how much Karl means to this team, remember how steep the drop off was when he was out — due to cancer from which he thankfully has recovered — and Adrian Dantley had to guide them into the post-season. The Nuggets were not the same.
Karl is a good fit in Denver, a player that really likes to push the pace but whose teams like to play defense. That seems a good fit with the rebuilding process we are about to see in Denver in the wake of the Carmelo Anthony trade.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 14
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32