Mar 8, 2011, 2:04 PM EDT
It’s one of those little things we tend not to think about when breaking down trades — Deron Williams life was uprooted and he was shipped across the country while his wife was 8 months pregnant. If you’ve ever had a pregnant wife, you can imagine with me just how well this news might have gone over.
He’s now going to miss the Nets next couple of games to be home with his wife as she gives birth to their child, according to a tweet from Stefan Bondy of the New York Daily News. Those games are against the Clippers and Warriors. This is Williams’ fourth child.
There is an upside for the Nets — allowing Williams to rest his two sore wrists for a couple days.
Jordan Farmar will get the start and the big minutes while Williams is out.
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 22
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 62
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 71
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8