Mar 8, 2011, 2:04 PM EDT
It’s one of those little things we tend not to think about when breaking down trades — Deron Williams life was uprooted and he was shipped across the country while his wife was 8 months pregnant. If you’ve ever had a pregnant wife, you can imagine with me just how well this news might have gone over.
He’s now going to miss the Nets next couple of games to be home with his wife as she gives birth to their child, according to a tweet from Stefan Bondy of the New York Daily News. Those games are against the Clippers and Warriors. This is Williams’ fourth child.
There is an upside for the Nets — allowing Williams to rest his two sore wrists for a couple days.
Jordan Farmar will get the start and the big minutes while Williams is out.
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 7
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 2
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 22
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 6