Mar 8, 2011, 11:49 AM EST
The lack of chemistry with the Heat is evident on the court.
Not just on the end-of-game isolations, but the fact that Dwyane Wade and LeBron James really play next to each other not with each other most of the time. There is not the kind of interaction you see between elite players on other teams (Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol, Paul Pierce and Ray Allen). You don’t feel or see a real bond between them.
The Heat are still figuring out. And it’s hard.
It wasn’t supposed to be. This was expected by many to be a fit that came together quickly, and even if it did take time it would have been figured out by now, 63 games into the season.
Wade is honest about the challenges in a fantastic article about the chemistry between the two stars by our own Ira Winderman here at NBC.
“You know what?” (Wade) says in his typical soft-spoken manner. “I thought it would be easier.”
Winderman brings some interesting insights into the relationship between James and Wade.
LeBron James and Dwyane Wade did not enter this partnership as best friends. Friends? Yes, but more typical of the bond built during promotional appearances, league get-togethers and the occasional two- or three-week tours with a national team. “Friendly” stands closer to the truth…
For James, NBA life, and life in general, is bigger than that. LeBron almost always has his people on the road with him; Wade mostly settles in with the company of teammates, often second- and third-tier talents. He is much more of the everyman in the equation.
Go read the entire article. It will help you understand where the Heat are right now.
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 1
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 6
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39