Mar 8, 2011, 11:49 AM EDT
The lack of chemistry with the Heat is evident on the court.
Not just on the end-of-game isolations, but the fact that Dwyane Wade and LeBron James really play next to each other not with each other most of the time. There is not the kind of interaction you see between elite players on other teams (Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol, Paul Pierce and Ray Allen). You don’t feel or see a real bond between them.
The Heat are still figuring out. And it’s hard.
It wasn’t supposed to be. This was expected by many to be a fit that came together quickly, and even if it did take time it would have been figured out by now, 63 games into the season.
Wade is honest about the challenges in a fantastic article about the chemistry between the two stars by our own Ira Winderman here at NBC.
“You know what?” (Wade) says in his typical soft-spoken manner. “I thought it would be easier.”
Winderman brings some interesting insights into the relationship between James and Wade.
LeBron James and Dwyane Wade did not enter this partnership as best friends. Friends? Yes, but more typical of the bond built during promotional appearances, league get-togethers and the occasional two- or three-week tours with a national team. “Friendly” stands closer to the truth…
For James, NBA life, and life in general, is bigger than that. LeBron almost always has his people on the road with him; Wade mostly settles in with the company of teammates, often second- and third-tier talents. He is much more of the everyman in the equation.
Go read the entire article. It will help you understand where the Heat are right now.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 22
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 26
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4