Mar 8, 2011, 5:20 PM EDT
The last couple of games the Charlotte Bobcat offense has been… how can I put this in a family-friendly way… ugly. Phyllis Diller without plastic surgery ugly. Keanu Reeves doing Shakespeare ugly. No Gerald Wallace anymore and without Stephen Jackson and Tyrus Thomas due to injuries, the Bobcats just had no good way to generate offense.
But that is about to change Wednesday.
Jackson and Thomas are expected to return to the lineup against the Bulls, according tweets from Mike Cranston of the Associated Press. Jackson missed a couple games due to a strained hamstring, Thomas had missed 23 games after knee surgery. Here was what coach Paul Silas said to Cranston:
“It’s a godsend that (Jack) and Tyrus are coming back at the same time because I think we’ll have a chance.”
That would be a chance at making the playoffs. The Bobcats are currently the nine seed in the East, 1.5 games back of the Pacers for the eight and final playoff spot. (They are not catching anyone ahead of that, the Sixers are hot, the Knicks are just better.)
They do have a chance. The Pacers are 3-7 in their last 10 and are fading (especially on offense) after the new coach smell has worn off the team. The Bobcats are 4-6 in their last 10 and having Jackson around to take on the offense the last couple games and that might be higher.
That the Bobcats have a legit shot at the playoffs speaks more to the depth in the East than anything. But that doesn’t matter, if you get an invite to the dance you get an invite (and you can bet Michael Jordan would love that extra revenue from a couple home playoff games.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 27
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 34
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4