Mar 7, 2011, 11:25 AM EST
Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban has his own television channel, HDNet. Which is cool, I want one. But having a television channel without a hit show is like having an iPhone without apps.
As you read this, HDNet is showing some old Cheers reruns (the one where Diane’s cat dies) followed by a Third Eye Blind concert and later on some MMA fights, then a JAG rerun. So, that’s why you’re not watching it.
Charlie Sheen? You can’t help but watch that train wreck.
Sheen was making $1.2 million an episode for CBS’s hit Two-and-a-Half Men, until Sheen went off the rails and CBS pulled the plug on production. Sheen has said he’s not worried, that things will work out, probably because he has tiger blood.
Cuban may not pay that sum, but his network could use a hit and he will pay to get it. And people will tune in to see Sheen right now, just for the freak show factor. Now we just need a show title. “Two-and-a-Half 8 balls” would be my suggestion, but Cuban may want to go another direction.
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 5
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 1
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 5
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 1
- Reports: Kings at Knicks, Trail Blazers at Nets games Monday postponed due to coming storm 7
- Did win over Lakers break Rockets out of their defensive slump? 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 25
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 11