Mar 7, 2011, 11:25 AM EDT
Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban has his own television channel, HDNet. Which is cool, I want one. But having a television channel without a hit show is like having an iPhone without apps.
As you read this, HDNet is showing some old Cheers reruns (the one where Diane’s cat dies) followed by a Third Eye Blind concert and later on some MMA fights, then a JAG rerun. So, that’s why you’re not watching it.
Charlie Sheen? You can’t help but watch that train wreck.
Sheen was making $1.2 million an episode for CBS’s hit Two-and-a-Half Men, until Sheen went off the rails and CBS pulled the plug on production. Sheen has said he’s not worried, that things will work out, probably because he has tiger blood.
Cuban may not pay that sum, but his network could use a hit and he will pay to get it. And people will tune in to see Sheen right now, just for the freak show factor. Now we just need a show title. “Two-and-a-Half 8 balls” would be my suggestion, but Cuban may want to go another direction.
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 4
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 5
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 9
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7