Mar 7, 2011, 11:25 AM EDT
Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban has his own television channel, HDNet. Which is cool, I want one. But having a television channel without a hit show is like having an iPhone without apps.
As you read this, HDNet is showing some old Cheers reruns (the one where Diane’s cat dies) followed by a Third Eye Blind concert and later on some MMA fights, then a JAG rerun. So, that’s why you’re not watching it.
Charlie Sheen? You can’t help but watch that train wreck.
Sheen was making $1.2 million an episode for CBS’s hit Two-and-a-Half Men, until Sheen went off the rails and CBS pulled the plug on production. Sheen has said he’s not worried, that things will work out, probably because he has tiger blood.
Cuban may not pay that sum, but his network could use a hit and he will pay to get it. And people will tune in to see Sheen right now, just for the freak show factor. Now we just need a show title. “Two-and-a-Half 8 balls” would be my suggestion, but Cuban may want to go another direction.
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 5
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 12
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 13
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 10
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 13
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 61