Mar 7, 2011, 11:25 AM EDT
Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban has his own television channel, HDNet. Which is cool, I want one. But having a television channel without a hit show is like having an iPhone without apps.
As you read this, HDNet is showing some old Cheers reruns (the one where Diane’s cat dies) followed by a Third Eye Blind concert and later on some MMA fights, then a JAG rerun. So, that’s why you’re not watching it.
Charlie Sheen? You can’t help but watch that train wreck.
Sheen was making $1.2 million an episode for CBS’s hit Two-and-a-Half Men, until Sheen went off the rails and CBS pulled the plug on production. Sheen has said he’s not worried, that things will work out, probably because he has tiger blood.
Cuban may not pay that sum, but his network could use a hit and he will pay to get it. And people will tune in to see Sheen right now, just for the freak show factor. Now we just need a show title. “Two-and-a-Half 8 balls” would be my suggestion, but Cuban may want to go another direction.
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 7
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 9
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 39
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31