Mar 7, 2011, 11:25 AM EDT
Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban has his own television channel, HDNet. Which is cool, I want one. But having a television channel without a hit show is like having an iPhone without apps.
As you read this, HDNet is showing some old Cheers reruns (the one where Diane’s cat dies) followed by a Third Eye Blind concert and later on some MMA fights, then a JAG rerun. So, that’s why you’re not watching it.
Charlie Sheen? You can’t help but watch that train wreck.
Sheen was making $1.2 million an episode for CBS’s hit Two-and-a-Half Men, until Sheen went off the rails and CBS pulled the plug on production. Sheen has said he’s not worried, that things will work out, probably because he has tiger blood.
Cuban may not pay that sum, but his network could use a hit and he will pay to get it. And people will tune in to see Sheen right now, just for the freak show factor. Now we just need a show title. “Two-and-a-Half 8 balls” would be my suggestion, but Cuban may want to go another direction.
- Son tweets Craig Sager has acute leukemia 5
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 6
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 22
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 42
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 50