Mar 7, 2011, 10:37 AM EDT
Back in early July, when the Knicks had missed out on LeBron James and the Heat seemed to be forming a juggernaut, this day seemed a long way off.
A day when Knicks stars Amar’e Stoudemire and Carmelo Anthony, feeling confident after another big win, were having a laugh at the expense of the Heat stars, who were on the verge of tears.
But that’s where we are, as Chris Sheridan reports at ESPNNewYork.
When the locker room first opened to reporters after the game, Stoudemire and Anthony were bantering and laughing about players on the Miami Heat crying after their loss earlier Sunday to the Chicago Bulls, with Stoudemire fingering Chris Bosh as the watery-eyed one (although Bosh, when asked by reporters in Miami whether he had cried, said he almost had but did not).
“I heard Chris Bosh was crying tears,” Stoudemire said.
“Tears?” Anthony asked.
“Yeah, tears,” Stoudemire replied.
“Wait ’til I call him, man,” Anthony said. “I’ll be like: ‘What are you doing?'”
News travels fast in the NBA now. And while the Knicks are not as good as the Heat yet, Knicks fans you can bet are enjoying this plenty.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: LeBron his shots despite good Celtics defense 1
- PBT Extra: For how long should J.R. Smith be suspended? 24
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 31
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 39
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 9
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 65