Mar 7, 2011, 11:50 PM EDT
Dwight Howard said what a lot of people have been thinking (and was willing to go farther than we were) when he was on the Dan Patrick Show this morning (via CSN Chicago, they have the video clip where Howard talks about a range of topics). Patrick asked him who was the best team in the East.
“I think Chicago is playing the best basketball right now.”
The Bulls have recently beaten the Heat and the Magic. They are playing great defense and getting enough scoring.
There are questions about everybody in the East right now. With the Bulls, it’s can their offense generate enough points when the defenses get to focus in like they will in the playoffs? How will this team handle the pressure of its first big playoff run as a unit?
But right now, Howard is right.
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 2
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 1
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 4
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 24
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1