Mar 7, 2011, 11:50 PM EST
Dwight Howard said what a lot of people have been thinking (and was willing to go farther than we were) when he was on the Dan Patrick Show this morning (via CSN Chicago, they have the video clip where Howard talks about a range of topics). Patrick asked him who was the best team in the East.
“I think Chicago is playing the best basketball right now.”
The Bulls have recently beaten the Heat and the Magic. They are playing great defense and getting enough scoring.
There are questions about everybody in the East right now. With the Bulls, it’s can their offense generate enough points when the defenses get to focus in like they will in the playoffs? How will this team handle the pressure of its first big playoff run as a unit?
But right now, Howard is right.
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 2
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 1
- Expect to see facilitator Kobe in his return to Lakers 5
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players 25
- Knicks lose by 41 points at home to Celtics 24
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)