Mar 7, 2011, 11:50 PM EDT
Dwight Howard said what a lot of people have been thinking (and was willing to go farther than we were) when he was on the Dan Patrick Show this morning (via CSN Chicago, they have the video clip where Howard talks about a range of topics). Patrick asked him who was the best team in the East.
“I think Chicago is playing the best basketball right now.”
The Bulls have recently beaten the Heat and the Magic. They are playing great defense and getting enough scoring.
There are questions about everybody in the East right now. With the Bulls, it’s can their offense generate enough points when the defenses get to focus in like they will in the playoffs? How will this team handle the pressure of its first big playoff run as a unit?
But right now, Howard is right.
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 0
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 7
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 22
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 23
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 20