Mar 7, 2011, 11:50 PM EDT
Dwight Howard said what a lot of people have been thinking (and was willing to go farther than we were) when he was on the Dan Patrick Show this morning (via CSN Chicago, they have the video clip where Howard talks about a range of topics). Patrick asked him who was the best team in the East.
“I think Chicago is playing the best basketball right now.”
The Bulls have recently beaten the Heat and the Magic. They are playing great defense and getting enough scoring.
There are questions about everybody in the East right now. With the Bulls, it’s can their offense generate enough points when the defenses get to focus in like they will in the playoffs? How will this team handle the pressure of its first big playoff run as a unit?
But right now, Howard is right.
- Report: The Clippers have let go of Vinny Del Negro as coach 11
- Durant donates $1 million to Oklahoma City tornado disaster relief efforts 10
- Odds for the NBA Draft Lottery (that teams don’t care if they win) 8
- Jim Boeheim says Knicks problem is not Carmelo, it’s everyone else 6
- Report: Tony Parker got death threat during Game 1 9
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (121)
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (87)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- Golden Super Bowl to Bay Area; LI to Houston
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4
- PFT: Romo out of OTAs after back surgery
- PFT: NFL want to make Pro Bowl like game show
- Play Video: Phil Jackson compares MJ and Kobe
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable