Mar 7, 2011, 11:50 PM EST
Dwight Howard said what a lot of people have been thinking (and was willing to go farther than we were) when he was on the Dan Patrick Show this morning (via CSN Chicago, they have the video clip where Howard talks about a range of topics). Patrick asked him who was the best team in the East.
“I think Chicago is playing the best basketball right now.”
The Bulls have recently beaten the Heat and the Magic. They are playing great defense and getting enough scoring.
There are questions about everybody in the East right now. With the Bulls, it’s can their offense generate enough points when the defenses get to focus in like they will in the playoffs? How will this team handle the pressure of its first big playoff run as a unit?
But right now, Howard is right.
- NBA denies Kings’ protest 1
- Kobe Bryant says Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett among best trash talkers he’s faced 8
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 8
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 9
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13