Mar 7, 2011, 12:19 AM EST
That looked scary.
It could have ended up much, much worse.
In the third quarter us Sunday night Chris Paul drove the lane against the Cleveland Cavaliers, lost the ball, turned his head to find it as he slammed his head into the arm ad shoulders of Ramon Session.
Paul collapsed to the floor and stayed there. He was eventually taken off the court on a stretcher and rushed to a local hospital (despite him saying he wanted to go back in the game).
However, he is expected to be out for the Hornets Monday night game against the Bulls. Where they really could have used him against Derrick Rose.
There is no timetable for his return, and concussion symptoms can linger longer than expected. But this could have been — and looked at the time — much worse. So we’ll count our blessings.
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 17
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 4
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11