Mar 7, 2011, 12:19 AM EDT
That looked scary.
It could have ended up much, much worse.
In the third quarter us Sunday night Chris Paul drove the lane against the Cleveland Cavaliers, lost the ball, turned his head to find it as he slammed his head into the arm ad shoulders of Ramon Session.
Paul collapsed to the floor and stayed there. He was eventually taken off the court on a stretcher and rushed to a local hospital (despite him saying he wanted to go back in the game).
However, he is expected to be out for the Hornets Monday night game against the Bulls. Where they really could have used him against Derrick Rose.
There is no timetable for his return, and concussion symptoms can linger longer than expected. But this could have been — and looked at the time — much worse. So we’ll count our blessings.
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 15
- World Cup Preview: USA vs. Finland, what to expect 4
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 32
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 11
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 21