Mar 7, 2011, 12:19 AM EDT
That looked scary.
It could have ended up much, much worse.
In the third quarter us Sunday night Chris Paul drove the lane against the Cleveland Cavaliers, lost the ball, turned his head to find it as he slammed his head into the arm ad shoulders of Ramon Session.
Paul collapsed to the floor and stayed there. He was eventually taken off the court on a stretcher and rushed to a local hospital (despite him saying he wanted to go back in the game).
However, he is expected to be out for the Hornets Monday night game against the Bulls. Where they really could have used him against Derrick Rose.
There is no timetable for his return, and concussion symptoms can linger longer than expected. But this could have been — and looked at the time — much worse. So we’ll count our blessings.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 14
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32