Mar 7, 2011, 12:19 AM EST
That looked scary.
It could have ended up much, much worse.
In the third quarter us Sunday night Chris Paul drove the lane against the Cleveland Cavaliers, lost the ball, turned his head to find it as he slammed his head into the arm ad shoulders of Ramon Session.
Paul collapsed to the floor and stayed there. He was eventually taken off the court on a stretcher and rushed to a local hospital (despite him saying he wanted to go back in the game).
However, he is expected to be out for the Hornets Monday night game against the Bulls. Where they really could have used him against Derrick Rose.
There is no timetable for his return, and concussion symptoms can linger longer than expected. But this could have been — and looked at the time — much worse. So we’ll count our blessings.
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 0
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 22
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 12
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 51
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 21
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (53)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade (35)
- Fan wanders onto court while game is going on during Cavaliers-Clippers (VIDEO) (34)