Mar 7, 2011, 12:19 AM EST
That looked scary.
It could have ended up much, much worse.
In the third quarter us Sunday night Chris Paul drove the lane against the Cleveland Cavaliers, lost the ball, turned his head to find it as he slammed his head into the arm ad shoulders of Ramon Session.
Paul collapsed to the floor and stayed there. He was eventually taken off the court on a stretcher and rushed to a local hospital (despite him saying he wanted to go back in the game).
However, he is expected to be out for the Hornets Monday night game against the Bulls. Where they really could have used him against Derrick Rose.
There is no timetable for his return, and concussion symptoms can linger longer than expected. But this could have been — and looked at the time — much worse. So we’ll count our blessings.
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 15
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 14
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 28
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 12
- Carmelo Anthony exits Knicks-Rockets game with apparent back injury 9
- Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant progressing in rehab, Westbrook could play Friday 6
- Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice, out for season 23
- PBT Extra: Our Thanksgiving week turkeys, starting with the 76ers 2