Mar 7, 2011, 4:44 PM EST
Well, now who is going to hit the game winning shots for the Phoenix Suns?
Channing Frye, who nailed two game winners last week, will be out about two to three weeks with a separated shoulder, the Suns announced Monday after Frye underwent an MRI. Frye is going to meet with an orthopedic surgeon still, so that timeline could get tweaked a little.
Frye injured the shoulder Sunday night against the Thunder. The dislocation was popped back into place and Frye returned to the Suns bench, but he did not play the rest of the game.
Frye has been the Suns leading scorer over the last 10 games, averaging 16.2 points per game, shooting 48.3 percent from three in that stretch. He is also pitching is with 7.8 rebounds per game. Look for more Hakim Warrick and Jared Dudley in Frye’s absence.
He will be missed and even only being gone a couple weeks is going to hamper the Suns efforts to climb back into a playoff position.
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 23
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 7
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 38
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 57
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 11
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13
- Mavericks suspend Rajon Rondo one game after argument with coach Rick Carlisle 43
- Derrick Rose is hurt again. Where do the Bulls go from here? 28