Mar 7, 2011, 4:44 PM EDT
Well, now who is going to hit the game winning shots for the Phoenix Suns?
Channing Frye, who nailed two game winners last week, will be out about two to three weeks with a separated shoulder, the Suns announced Monday after Frye underwent an MRI. Frye is going to meet with an orthopedic surgeon still, so that timeline could get tweaked a little.
Frye injured the shoulder Sunday night against the Thunder. The dislocation was popped back into place and Frye returned to the Suns bench, but he did not play the rest of the game.
Frye has been the Suns leading scorer over the last 10 games, averaging 16.2 points per game, shooting 48.3 percent from three in that stretch. He is also pitching is with 7.8 rebounds per game. Look for more Hakim Warrick and Jared Dudley in Frye’s absence.
He will be missed and even only being gone a couple weeks is going to hamper the Suns efforts to climb back into a playoff position.
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 15
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 39
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18