Mar 7, 2011, 4:44 PM EDT
Well, now who is going to hit the game winning shots for the Phoenix Suns?
Channing Frye, who nailed two game winners last week, will be out about two to three weeks with a separated shoulder, the Suns announced Monday after Frye underwent an MRI. Frye is going to meet with an orthopedic surgeon still, so that timeline could get tweaked a little.
Frye injured the shoulder Sunday night against the Thunder. The dislocation was popped back into place and Frye returned to the Suns bench, but he did not play the rest of the game.
Frye has been the Suns leading scorer over the last 10 games, averaging 16.2 points per game, shooting 48.3 percent from three in that stretch. He is also pitching is with 7.8 rebounds per game. Look for more Hakim Warrick and Jared Dudley in Frye’s absence.
He will be missed and even only being gone a couple weeks is going to hamper the Suns efforts to climb back into a playoff position.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 15
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 40
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19