Mar 7, 2011, 4:44 PM EDT
Well, now who is going to hit the game winning shots for the Phoenix Suns?
Channing Frye, who nailed two game winners last week, will be out about two to three weeks with a separated shoulder, the Suns announced Monday after Frye underwent an MRI. Frye is going to meet with an orthopedic surgeon still, so that timeline could get tweaked a little.
Frye injured the shoulder Sunday night against the Thunder. The dislocation was popped back into place and Frye returned to the Suns bench, but he did not play the rest of the game.
Frye has been the Suns leading scorer over the last 10 games, averaging 16.2 points per game, shooting 48.3 percent from three in that stretch. He is also pitching is with 7.8 rebounds per game. Look for more Hakim Warrick and Jared Dudley in Frye’s absence.
He will be missed and even only being gone a couple weeks is going to hamper the Suns efforts to climb back into a playoff position.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 2
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 3
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 8
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 14
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5