Mar 7, 2011, 4:44 PM EDT
Well, now who is going to hit the game winning shots for the Phoenix Suns?
Channing Frye, who nailed two game winners last week, will be out about two to three weeks with a separated shoulder, the Suns announced Monday after Frye underwent an MRI. Frye is going to meet with an orthopedic surgeon still, so that timeline could get tweaked a little.
Frye injured the shoulder Sunday night against the Thunder. The dislocation was popped back into place and Frye returned to the Suns bench, but he did not play the rest of the game.
Frye has been the Suns leading scorer over the last 10 games, averaging 16.2 points per game, shooting 48.3 percent from three in that stretch. He is also pitching is with 7.8 rebounds per game. Look for more Hakim Warrick and Jared Dudley in Frye’s absence.
He will be missed and even only being gone a couple weeks is going to hamper the Suns efforts to climb back into a playoff position.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 32
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 62
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 2
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 8
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31