Mar 6, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
All the flashes going off every time Blake Griffin goes up for a dunk blinded people to the fact the Clippers desperately missed Eric Gordon. He was the outside balance to Griffin, and it was Gordon that was the Clippers leading scorer (23.7 a game).
The Clippers had gone 4-14 after Gordon went down Jan. 22, but things were better now because he is healed and finally back….
Not so fast.
Gordon re-injured his wrist Saturday night in a second quarter fall after a hard foul from Denver center Timofey Mozgov. Gordon went straight to the locker room and did not return.
Gordon will likely have timetable for his return after seeing doctors Sunday, but he will be out for a little while at least, coach Vinny Del Negro told the Los Angeles Times.
“He’ll stay back here. He’s got a bone fracture, a bone chip. Don’t ask me the correct [terminology]. The words are too long for me to pronounce. Ask Jasen Powell, ask the medical staff. But he will be out. How long, I don’t know. But it’s just real frustrating. I feel bad for Eric, but other guys are gonna have to step up.”
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 5
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 2
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 22
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5