Mar 6, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
All the flashes going off every time Blake Griffin goes up for a dunk blinded people to the fact the Clippers desperately missed Eric Gordon. He was the outside balance to Griffin, and it was Gordon that was the Clippers leading scorer (23.7 a game).
The Clippers had gone 4-14 after Gordon went down Jan. 22, but things were better now because he is healed and finally back….
Not so fast.
Gordon re-injured his wrist Saturday night in a second quarter fall after a hard foul from Denver center Timofey Mozgov. Gordon went straight to the locker room and did not return.
Gordon will likely have timetable for his return after seeing doctors Sunday, but he will be out for a little while at least, coach Vinny Del Negro told the Los Angeles Times.
“He’ll stay back here. He’s got a bone fracture, a bone chip. Don’t ask me the correct [terminology]. The words are too long for me to pronounce. Ask Jasen Powell, ask the medical staff. But he will be out. How long, I don’t know. But it’s just real frustrating. I feel bad for Eric, but other guys are gonna have to step up.”
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 3
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 22
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18