Mar 6, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
All the flashes going off every time Blake Griffin goes up for a dunk blinded people to the fact the Clippers desperately missed Eric Gordon. He was the outside balance to Griffin, and it was Gordon that was the Clippers leading scorer (23.7 a game).
The Clippers had gone 4-14 after Gordon went down Jan. 22, but things were better now because he is healed and finally back….
Not so fast.
Gordon re-injured his wrist Saturday night in a second quarter fall after a hard foul from Denver center Timofey Mozgov. Gordon went straight to the locker room and did not return.
Gordon will likely have timetable for his return after seeing doctors Sunday, but he will be out for a little while at least, coach Vinny Del Negro told the Los Angeles Times.
“He’ll stay back here. He’s got a bone fracture, a bone chip. Don’t ask me the correct [terminology]. The words are too long for me to pronounce. Ask Jasen Powell, ask the medical staff. But he will be out. How long, I don’t know. But it’s just real frustrating. I feel bad for Eric, but other guys are gonna have to step up.”
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 2
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 24
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 47
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 84
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13