Mar 6, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
All the flashes going off every time Blake Griffin goes up for a dunk blinded people to the fact the Clippers desperately missed Eric Gordon. He was the outside balance to Griffin, and it was Gordon that was the Clippers leading scorer (23.7 a game).
The Clippers had gone 4-14 after Gordon went down Jan. 22, but things were better now because he is healed and finally back….
Not so fast.
Gordon re-injured his wrist Saturday night in a second quarter fall after a hard foul from Denver center Timofey Mozgov. Gordon went straight to the locker room and did not return.
Gordon will likely have timetable for his return after seeing doctors Sunday, but he will be out for a little while at least, coach Vinny Del Negro told the Los Angeles Times.
“He’ll stay back here. He’s got a bone fracture, a bone chip. Don’t ask me the correct [terminology]. The words are too long for me to pronounce. Ask Jasen Powell, ask the medical staff. But he will be out. How long, I don’t know. But it’s just real frustrating. I feel bad for Eric, but other guys are gonna have to step up.”
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 26
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 50
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28