Mar 5, 2011, 5:46 PM EDT
We told you last night this was coming, today the NBA league office worked on Saturday to make it a reality.
Dwight Howard has been suspended for Monday’s Magic game against the Trail Blazers after picking up his 16th technical foul this season, announced Stu Jackson, NBA Executive Vice President and disciplinarian.
League rules call for a one-game suspension for any player after 16 technical fouls on the season (then one on every other technical foul after it). The Knicks Amar’e Stoudemire is also one away from a game suspension.
Howard picked up number 16 the end of the first half Friday ight in a tussle with Kyle Korver of the Chicago Bulls. Howard and Korver went up for a rebound off an Orlando miss and Korver in the process hit Howard on the top of the head (and was whistled for the foul). Korver took an extra swipe at the ball in Howard’s hands after the play, and Howard threw a little elbow. Referee Ed Malloy stepped right in and immediately gave the technical to Howard.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 23
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 13