Mar 4, 2011, 9:50 PM EDT
Take a seat, Dwight Howard.
It took exactly one week for Dwight Howard to pick up his 16th technical — which means an automatic one game suspension. The league will review it but I’d sit Howard from your fantasy team Monday night when they take on the Portland if I were you.
Howard picked up his not-so-sweet 16 the end of the first half, when Kyle Korver provoked him. Howard and Korver went up for a rebound off an Orlando miss and as you’d expect Howard got it. Korver in the process hit Howard on the top of the head (and was whistled for the foul).
Then Korver took an extra swipe at the ball in Howard’s hand after the play, and Howard threw a little elbow. Referee Ed Malloy stepped right in between them and then T’d up Howard.
The Bulls went on to win the game. And the Magic will have a hard time winning without Howard against a scrappy Trail Blazer team next time they take the court.
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 3
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 35
- Deron Williams fires back at Kobe: “If I’m 0-for-f******-9, I’m not shooting 20 more shots” 43
- LeBron James on running the Cavaliers offense: ‘This is Kyrie’s show’ 29