Mar 4, 2011, 9:50 PM EST
Take a seat, Dwight Howard.
It took exactly one week for Dwight Howard to pick up his 16th technical — which means an automatic one game suspension. The league will review it but I’d sit Howard from your fantasy team Monday night when they take on the Portland if I were you.
Howard picked up his not-so-sweet 16 the end of the first half, when Kyle Korver provoked him. Howard and Korver went up for a rebound off an Orlando miss and as you’d expect Howard got it. Korver in the process hit Howard on the top of the head (and was whistled for the foul).
Then Korver took an extra swipe at the ball in Howard’s hand after the play, and Howard threw a little elbow. Referee Ed Malloy stepped right in between them and then T’d up Howard.
The Bulls went on to win the game. And the Magic will have a hard time winning without Howard against a scrappy Trail Blazer team next time they take the court.
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 15
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 14
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 28
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 12
- Carmelo Anthony exits Knicks-Rockets game with apparent back injury 9
- Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant progressing in rehab, Westbrook could play Friday 6
- Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice, out for season 23
- PBT Extra: Our Thanksgiving week turkeys, starting with the 76ers 2