Mar 4, 2011, 9:50 PM EDT
Take a seat, Dwight Howard.
It took exactly one week for Dwight Howard to pick up his 16th technical — which means an automatic one game suspension. The league will review it but I’d sit Howard from your fantasy team Monday night when they take on the Portland if I were you.
Howard picked up his not-so-sweet 16 the end of the first half, when Kyle Korver provoked him. Howard and Korver went up for a rebound off an Orlando miss and as you’d expect Howard got it. Korver in the process hit Howard on the top of the head (and was whistled for the foul).
Then Korver took an extra swipe at the ball in Howard’s hand after the play, and Howard threw a little elbow. Referee Ed Malloy stepped right in between them and then T’d up Howard.
The Bulls went on to win the game. And the Magic will have a hard time winning without Howard against a scrappy Trail Blazer team next time they take the court.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 7
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 8
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 42
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11