Mar 4, 2011, 9:50 PM EST
Take a seat, Dwight Howard.
It took exactly one week for Dwight Howard to pick up his 16th technical — which means an automatic one game suspension. The league will review it but I’d sit Howard from your fantasy team Monday night when they take on the Portland if I were you.
Howard picked up his not-so-sweet 16 the end of the first half, when Kyle Korver provoked him. Howard and Korver went up for a rebound off an Orlando miss and as you’d expect Howard got it. Korver in the process hit Howard on the top of the head (and was whistled for the foul).
Then Korver took an extra swipe at the ball in Howard’s hand after the play, and Howard threw a little elbow. Referee Ed Malloy stepped right in between them and then T’d up Howard.
The Bulls went on to win the game. And the Magic will have a hard time winning without Howard against a scrappy Trail Blazer team next time they take the court.
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 0
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 2
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 11
- The Extra Pass: Five quick ways to improve the league; plus Monday’s Recaps 14
- Monday night NBA Grades: DeMarcus Cousins was in beast mode 3
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (53)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)