Mar 4, 2011, 9:50 PM EDT
Take a seat, Dwight Howard.
It took exactly one week for Dwight Howard to pick up his 16th technical — which means an automatic one game suspension. The league will review it but I’d sit Howard from your fantasy team Monday night when they take on the Portland if I were you.
Howard picked up his not-so-sweet 16 the end of the first half, when Kyle Korver provoked him. Howard and Korver went up for a rebound off an Orlando miss and as you’d expect Howard got it. Korver in the process hit Howard on the top of the head (and was whistled for the foul).
Then Korver took an extra swipe at the ball in Howard’s hand after the play, and Howard threw a little elbow. Referee Ed Malloy stepped right in between them and then T’d up Howard.
The Bulls went on to win the game. And the Magic will have a hard time winning without Howard against a scrappy Trail Blazer team next time they take the court.
- Report: James Dolan meddles into Phil Jackson’s attempts to fire Knicks employees 15
- Wednesday playoff previews: Rockets know they need a win 2
- Report: Pacers’ Lance Stephenson, Evan Turner got in fight day before Game 1 45
- With two wins in Chicago, Wizards seize control over Bulls 8
- Tuesday NBA grades: Beal, DeRozan not perfect but good enough 1