Mar 4, 2011, 9:20 AM EDT
The real story of this game was he Miami Heat’s epic collapse and loss of a 24-point lead to the Orlando Magic.
But we wanted to bring you a video reminder of why the Heat defense is pretty good. (Yes, they were not able to stop Orlando when the Magic began to rain threes down like a spring shower, but no team can. Remember the Heat are third in the league at defending the arc, giving up just 33.3 percent from there all season. And they were helpless.)
Anyway, back to the point — the Heat defense is good because they are just so long and athletic. They make the easy play challenging. Like when Jammer Nelson got in the lane and put up the high-arc floater that lofts over centers — and LeBron James still blocked it.
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 17
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 31
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8