Mar 4, 2011, 9:20 AM EST
The real story of this game was he Miami Heat’s epic collapse and loss of a 24-point lead to the Orlando Magic.
But we wanted to bring you a video reminder of why the Heat defense is pretty good. (Yes, they were not able to stop Orlando when the Magic began to rain threes down like a spring shower, but no team can. Remember the Heat are third in the league at defending the arc, giving up just 33.3 percent from there all season. And they were helpless.)
Anyway, back to the point — the Heat defense is good because they are just so long and athletic. They make the easy play challenging. Like when Jammer Nelson got in the lane and put up the high-arc floater that lofts over centers — and LeBron James still blocked it.
- Report: Jason Kidd safe as Nets coach until team gets healthy 0
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 24
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 12
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 8
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 22
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (48)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (45)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)