Mar 4, 2011, 9:20 AM EST
The real story of this game was he Miami Heat’s epic collapse and loss of a 24-point lead to the Orlando Magic.
But we wanted to bring you a video reminder of why the Heat defense is pretty good. (Yes, they were not able to stop Orlando when the Magic began to rain threes down like a spring shower, but no team can. Remember the Heat are third in the league at defending the arc, giving up just 33.3 percent from there all season. And they were helpless.)
Anyway, back to the point — the Heat defense is good because they are just so long and athletic. They make the easy play challenging. Like when Jammer Nelson got in the lane and put up the high-arc floater that lofts over centers — and LeBron James still blocked it.
- Monday night NBA Grades: DeMarcus Cousins was in beast mode 0
- PBT Extra: Kobe Bryant is back, doesn’t have much time to get it right 3
- It’s official, Clippers agree to terms with Stephen Jackson 3
- PBT NBA Power Rankings: At the quarter pole Portland takes the lead 17
- Paul Pierce practiced Monday, could return vs. Celtics Tuesday 2
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)