Mar 4, 2011, 9:20 AM EDT
The real story of this game was he Miami Heat’s epic collapse and loss of a 24-point lead to the Orlando Magic.
But we wanted to bring you a video reminder of why the Heat defense is pretty good. (Yes, they were not able to stop Orlando when the Magic began to rain threes down like a spring shower, but no team can. Remember the Heat are third in the league at defending the arc, giving up just 33.3 percent from there all season. And they were helpless.)
Anyway, back to the point — the Heat defense is good because they are just so long and athletic. They make the easy play challenging. Like when Jammer Nelson got in the lane and put up the high-arc floater that lofts over centers — and LeBron James still blocked it.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 32
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 54
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 17
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 2
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 8
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31