Mar 4, 2011, 9:20 AM EDT
The real story of this game was he Miami Heat’s epic collapse and loss of a 24-point lead to the Orlando Magic.
But we wanted to bring you a video reminder of why the Heat defense is pretty good. (Yes, they were not able to stop Orlando when the Magic began to rain threes down like a spring shower, but no team can. Remember the Heat are third in the league at defending the arc, giving up just 33.3 percent from there all season. And they were helpless.)
Anyway, back to the point — the Heat defense is good because they are just so long and athletic. They make the easy play challenging. Like when Jammer Nelson got in the lane and put up the high-arc floater that lofts over centers — and LeBron James still blocked it.
- Timberwolves’ coach Rick Adelman announcenes retirement 7
- Knicks fire Mike Woodson 30
- Monday NBA playoff previews: Expect a different looking Clippers/Warriors game. 1
- Sunday NBA grades: Nene, Aldridge lead day where big men shine 5
- LaMarcus Aldridge’s Trail Blazers claw back for Game 1 win over Houston Rockets 18