Mar 4, 2011, 11:05 AM EDT
I am not a fan of the franchise tag for the NBA. Danny Nowell at Magic Basketball does a great job explaining why this is a bad idea.
The Timberwolves are going to offer Kevin Love a lot of money. This story says $70 million, but that is this CBA’s number. However, whatever the max is they can offer him under the new CBA, you can bet Love will get that or close to it.
The Celtics officially signed Sasha Pavlovic. He brings some depth at the wing, but if they end up needing him to really do much they are in trouble.
Speaking of Boston: Can they re-sign Jeff Green (who may cost as much as Perkins)? If not, is the trade a big net loss for them?
Zydrunas Ilgauskas pitched his New York pad to Carmelo Anthony during a game… and it worked.
Clippers send Willie Warren down to the D-League.
Brendan Haywood is back to starting at center for a few games for Dallas while Tyson Chandler rests his sore ankle. Now we get a look at what Dallas almost looked like for this season (hint: it’s not nearly as good).
The Spurs are expected to sign swingman Othyus Jeffers to a 10-day contract. You don’t know who he is, but do you doubt he’ll work well for the Spurs?
Baron Davis makes his Cavs debut Friday. Count me among the non-beleivers (but for Cleveland’s sake I hope he proves me wrong).
The fall of Andris Biedrins.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 11
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43