Mar 4, 2011, 11:05 AM EDT
I am not a fan of the franchise tag for the NBA. Danny Nowell at Magic Basketball does a great job explaining why this is a bad idea.
The Timberwolves are going to offer Kevin Love a lot of money. This story says $70 million, but that is this CBA’s number. However, whatever the max is they can offer him under the new CBA, you can bet Love will get that or close to it.
The Celtics officially signed Sasha Pavlovic. He brings some depth at the wing, but if they end up needing him to really do much they are in trouble.
Speaking of Boston: Can they re-sign Jeff Green (who may cost as much as Perkins)? If not, is the trade a big net loss for them?
Zydrunas Ilgauskas pitched his New York pad to Carmelo Anthony during a game… and it worked.
Clippers send Willie Warren down to the D-League.
Brendan Haywood is back to starting at center for a few games for Dallas while Tyson Chandler rests his sore ankle. Now we get a look at what Dallas almost looked like for this season (hint: it’s not nearly as good).
The Spurs are expected to sign swingman Othyus Jeffers to a 10-day contract. You don’t know who he is, but do you doubt he’ll work well for the Spurs?
Baron Davis makes his Cavs debut Friday. Count me among the non-beleivers (but for Cleveland’s sake I hope he proves me wrong).
The fall of Andris Biedrins.
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 0
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 56
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58