Mar 4, 2011, 11:05 AM EST
I am not a fan of the franchise tag for the NBA. Danny Nowell at Magic Basketball does a great job explaining why this is a bad idea.
The Timberwolves are going to offer Kevin Love a lot of money. This story says $70 million, but that is this CBA’s number. However, whatever the max is they can offer him under the new CBA, you can bet Love will get that or close to it.
The Celtics officially signed Sasha Pavlovic. He brings some depth at the wing, but if they end up needing him to really do much they are in trouble.
Speaking of Boston: Can they re-sign Jeff Green (who may cost as much as Perkins)? If not, is the trade a big net loss for them?
Zydrunas Ilgauskas pitched his New York pad to Carmelo Anthony during a game… and it worked.
Clippers send Willie Warren down to the D-League.
Brendan Haywood is back to starting at center for a few games for Dallas while Tyson Chandler rests his sore ankle. Now we get a look at what Dallas almost looked like for this season (hint: it’s not nearly as good).
The Spurs are expected to sign swingman Othyus Jeffers to a 10-day contract. You don’t know who he is, but do you doubt he’ll work well for the Spurs?
Baron Davis makes his Cavs debut Friday. Count me among the non-beleivers (but for Cleveland’s sake I hope he proves me wrong).
The fall of Andris Biedrins.
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 17
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 4
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11