Mar 4, 2011, 12:22 PM EDT
Well, this part of the trade has not worked out for the Oklahoma City Thunder.
He’s out four to six weeks, which would bring him back a little bit before the playoffs start.
Robinson came to the Thunder from the Boston Celtics as part of the Kendrick Perkins/Jeff Green swap. Robinson was going to provide a little more depth at the point, along with Russell Westbrook and Eric Maynor. He brings a scoring punch — when he’s hitting — that can energize a team and help steal some games.
Go ahead and ask if the Celtics knew about this before the trade if you want, it’s kind of moot. First, this seemed to come out of the blue. But really, Robinson was a throw in, Perkins was the goal and target. And they knew he was injured.
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 9
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 69
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 8
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30