Mar 4, 2011, 12:22 PM EST
Well, this part of the trade has not worked out for the Oklahoma City Thunder.
He’s out four to six weeks, which would bring him back a little bit before the playoffs start.
Robinson came to the Thunder from the Boston Celtics as part of the Kendrick Perkins/Jeff Green swap. Robinson was going to provide a little more depth at the point, along with Russell Westbrook and Eric Maynor. He brings a scoring punch — when he’s hitting — that can energize a team and help steal some games.
Go ahead and ask if the Celtics knew about this before the trade if you want, it’s kind of moot. First, this seemed to come out of the blue. But really, Robinson was a throw in, Perkins was the goal and target. And they knew he was injured.
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 15
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 10
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 17
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 21
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 15
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)