Mar 4, 2011, 12:22 PM EDT
Well, this part of the trade has not worked out for the Oklahoma City Thunder.
He’s out four to six weeks, which would bring him back a little bit before the playoffs start.
Robinson came to the Thunder from the Boston Celtics as part of the Kendrick Perkins/Jeff Green swap. Robinson was going to provide a little more depth at the point, along with Russell Westbrook and Eric Maynor. He brings a scoring punch — when he’s hitting — that can energize a team and help steal some games.
Go ahead and ask if the Celtics knew about this before the trade if you want, it’s kind of moot. First, this seemed to come out of the blue. But really, Robinson was a throw in, Perkins was the goal and target. And they knew he was injured.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 0
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 13
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 18
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 25
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10