Mar 4, 2011, 12:22 PM EDT
Well, this part of the trade has not worked out for the Oklahoma City Thunder.
He’s out four to six weeks, which would bring him back a little bit before the playoffs start.
Robinson came to the Thunder from the Boston Celtics as part of the Kendrick Perkins/Jeff Green swap. Robinson was going to provide a little more depth at the point, along with Russell Westbrook and Eric Maynor. He brings a scoring punch — when he’s hitting — that can energize a team and help steal some games.
Go ahead and ask if the Celtics knew about this before the trade if you want, it’s kind of moot. First, this seemed to come out of the blue. But really, Robinson was a throw in, Perkins was the goal and target. And they knew he was injured.
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 1
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 24
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 67
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 26
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 23
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 10
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 50