Mar 4, 2011, 7:28 PM EDT
UPDATE 7:28 pm: Kevin Durant will start for the Thunder against the Hawks Friday. He did not miss a game.
Recently twisted ankles, where things are a little more loose, are the most likely to be quickly re-injured. Hopefully Durant can get through this uninjured and playing at his usual level.
Durant left the Thunder game Wednesday night after turning his ankle pretty severely in the third quarter. While he called it a “tweak” he left the arena that night wearing a protective boot on his ankle and smart money said he might miss a game or two.
But, apparently he is young and heals fast. We know he is a competitor. The Thunder take on the Hawks Friday night. We’ll give you an update close to game time on this one.
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 8
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 13
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 21
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 6
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 36
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 88
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 22