Mar 4, 2011, 7:28 PM EDT
UPDATE 7:28 pm: Kevin Durant will start for the Thunder against the Hawks Friday. He did not miss a game.
Recently twisted ankles, where things are a little more loose, are the most likely to be quickly re-injured. Hopefully Durant can get through this uninjured and playing at his usual level.
Durant left the Thunder game Wednesday night after turning his ankle pretty severely in the third quarter. While he called it a “tweak” he left the arena that night wearing a protective boot on his ankle and smart money said he might miss a game or two.
But, apparently he is young and heals fast. We know he is a competitor. The Thunder take on the Hawks Friday night. We’ll give you an update close to game time on this one.
- Dwight Howard’s drivers’ license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 2
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 47
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 29
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16