Mar 4, 2011, 7:28 PM EDT
UPDATE 7:28 pm: Kevin Durant will start for the Thunder against the Hawks Friday. He did not miss a game.
Recently twisted ankles, where things are a little more loose, are the most likely to be quickly re-injured. Hopefully Durant can get through this uninjured and playing at his usual level.
Durant left the Thunder game Wednesday night after turning his ankle pretty severely in the third quarter. While he called it a “tweak” he left the arena that night wearing a protective boot on his ankle and smart money said he might miss a game or two.
But, apparently he is young and heals fast. We know he is a competitor. The Thunder take on the Hawks Friday night. We’ll give you an update close to game time on this one.
- Game 6 was not Gregg Popovich’s best night 0
- LeBron James gets another triple-double, now favorite for Finals MVP 11
- ‘Devastated’ Manu Ginobili says he has no clue how Spurs will re-energize for Game 7 29
- Spurs execution fails them when it matters most. Can they get it back for Game 7? 11
- Heat force a Finals Game 7 with thrilling overtime win over Spurs 19
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (104)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut