Mar 3, 2011, 12:17 PM EDT
Have you seen Denver play? Since the trade that was supposed to be the death of the franchise sending it back to the stone ages of rebuilding, I mean?
They’re good. They get after it defensively, they have some balance and a real energy. They’re not contending but they are going to push somebody in the playoffs.
George Karl deserves some credit for that. And he’s about to get rewarded.
Karl and the Nuggets have been talking about a new contract for a while now and they are close to a deal on a three-year extension for the coach, according to Chris Tomasson (on twitter). The final details are being ironed out.
Karl is a good fit in Denver, a player that pushes and gets a lot out of his teams. He’s a good fit with a team like Denver has now. Yes, they still have rebuilding to do, but the goal was not to drop all the way off in the process. Karl seems the right coach for that.
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 0
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 8
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 12
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 16
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 14
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 23