Mar 3, 2011, 12:17 PM EDT
Have you seen Denver play? Since the trade that was supposed to be the death of the franchise sending it back to the stone ages of rebuilding, I mean?
They’re good. They get after it defensively, they have some balance and a real energy. They’re not contending but they are going to push somebody in the playoffs.
George Karl deserves some credit for that. And he’s about to get rewarded.
Karl and the Nuggets have been talking about a new contract for a while now and they are close to a deal on a three-year extension for the coach, according to Chris Tomasson (on twitter). The final details are being ironed out.
Karl is a good fit in Denver, a player that pushes and gets a lot out of his teams. He’s a good fit with a team like Denver has now. Yes, they still have rebuilding to do, but the goal was not to drop all the way off in the process. Karl seems the right coach for that.
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 0
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 14
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 14
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 40
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 5