Mar 3, 2011, 12:17 PM EDT
Have you seen Denver play? Since the trade that was supposed to be the death of the franchise sending it back to the stone ages of rebuilding, I mean?
They’re good. They get after it defensively, they have some balance and a real energy. They’re not contending but they are going to push somebody in the playoffs.
George Karl deserves some credit for that. And he’s about to get rewarded.
Karl and the Nuggets have been talking about a new contract for a while now and they are close to a deal on a three-year extension for the coach, according to Chris Tomasson (on twitter). The final details are being ironed out.
Karl is a good fit in Denver, a player that pushes and gets a lot out of his teams. He’s a good fit with a team like Denver has now. Yes, they still have rebuilding to do, but the goal was not to drop all the way off in the process. Karl seems the right coach for that.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 61
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 12
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32