Mar 3, 2011, 12:17 PM EDT
Have you seen Denver play? Since the trade that was supposed to be the death of the franchise sending it back to the stone ages of rebuilding, I mean?
They’re good. They get after it defensively, they have some balance and a real energy. They’re not contending but they are going to push somebody in the playoffs.
George Karl deserves some credit for that. And he’s about to get rewarded.
Karl and the Nuggets have been talking about a new contract for a while now and they are close to a deal on a three-year extension for the coach, according to Chris Tomasson (on twitter). The final details are being ironed out.
Karl is a good fit in Denver, a player that pushes and gets a lot out of his teams. He’s a good fit with a team like Denver has now. Yes, they still have rebuilding to do, but the goal was not to drop all the way off in the process. Karl seems the right coach for that.
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 12
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 5
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 63
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 68
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 7
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30