Mar 3, 2011, 12:17 PM EST
Have you seen Denver play? Since the trade that was supposed to be the death of the franchise sending it back to the stone ages of rebuilding, I mean?
They’re good. They get after it defensively, they have some balance and a real energy. They’re not contending but they are going to push somebody in the playoffs.
George Karl deserves some credit for that. And he’s about to get rewarded.
Karl and the Nuggets have been talking about a new contract for a while now and they are close to a deal on a three-year extension for the coach, according to Chris Tomasson (on twitter). The final details are being ironed out.
Karl is a good fit in Denver, a player that pushes and gets a lot out of his teams. He’s a good fit with a team like Denver has now. Yes, they still have rebuilding to do, but the goal was not to drop all the way off in the process. Karl seems the right coach for that.
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 3
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 1
- Expect to see facilitator Kobe in his return to Lakers 5
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players 25
- Knicks lose by 41 points at home to Celtics 24
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)