Mar 3, 2011, 2:46 PM EDT
Rashard Lewis is playing a little better in Washington than he was in Orlando. That’s not great, or even really good — he has averaged 11.4 points per game on 9.7 shots per game for the Wizards. It is what he can give right now.
But the last handful of games it has been even worse.
His knee has deteriorated to the point he has played 15 minutes total in the last two Washington games, shooting 1-for-5.
That would likely mean a few weeks off for Lewis (depending on how the surgery goes) then he could come back for the final couple weeks of the season. If they want to do that. Maybe he just takes the rest of the season off and tries to get healthy for next season. Whenever that will be.
When the decision comes we will let you know. But Lee is betting surgery, and that seems the wise move.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 12
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50