Mar 3, 2011, 2:46 PM EDT
Rashard Lewis is playing a little better in Washington than he was in Orlando. That’s not great, or even really good — he has averaged 11.4 points per game on 9.7 shots per game for the Wizards. It is what he can give right now.
But the last handful of games it has been even worse.
His knee has deteriorated to the point he has played 15 minutes total in the last two Washington games, shooting 1-for-5.
That would likely mean a few weeks off for Lewis (depending on how the surgery goes) then he could come back for the final couple weeks of the season. If they want to do that. Maybe he just takes the rest of the season off and tries to get healthy for next season. Whenever that will be.
When the decision comes we will let you know. But Lee is betting surgery, and that seems the wise move.
- Tony Parker, Spurs penetration is puzzle Grizzlies can’t solve 0
- Spurs take commanding 3-0 lead over Grizzlies with overtime win in Game 3 6
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 35
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 22
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?