Mar 3, 2011, 2:46 PM EDT
Rashard Lewis is playing a little better in Washington than he was in Orlando. That’s not great, or even really good — he has averaged 11.4 points per game on 9.7 shots per game for the Wizards. It is what he can give right now.
But the last handful of games it has been even worse.
His knee has deteriorated to the point he has played 15 minutes total in the last two Washington games, shooting 1-for-5.
That would likely mean a few weeks off for Lewis (depending on how the surgery goes) then he could come back for the final couple weeks of the season. If they want to do that. Maybe he just takes the rest of the season off and tries to get healthy for next season. Whenever that will be.
When the decision comes we will let you know. But Lee is betting surgery, and that seems the wise move.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 20
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 38
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85