Mar 3, 2011, 2:46 PM EDT
Rashard Lewis is playing a little better in Washington than he was in Orlando. That’s not great, or even really good — he has averaged 11.4 points per game on 9.7 shots per game for the Wizards. It is what he can give right now.
But the last handful of games it has been even worse.
His knee has deteriorated to the point he has played 15 minutes total in the last two Washington games, shooting 1-for-5.
That would likely mean a few weeks off for Lewis (depending on how the surgery goes) then he could come back for the final couple weeks of the season. If they want to do that. Maybe he just takes the rest of the season off and tries to get healthy for next season. Whenever that will be.
When the decision comes we will let you know. But Lee is betting surgery, and that seems the wise move.
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 0
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 5
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 11
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 9
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 45
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 13
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 60