Mar 3, 2011, 2:46 PM EDT
Rashard Lewis is playing a little better in Washington than he was in Orlando. That’s not great, or even really good — he has averaged 11.4 points per game on 9.7 shots per game for the Wizards. It is what he can give right now.
But the last handful of games it has been even worse.
His knee has deteriorated to the point he has played 15 minutes total in the last two Washington games, shooting 1-for-5.
That would likely mean a few weeks off for Lewis (depending on how the surgery goes) then he could come back for the final couple weeks of the season. If they want to do that. Maybe he just takes the rest of the season off and tries to get healthy for next season. Whenever that will be.
When the decision comes we will let you know. But Lee is betting surgery, and that seems the wise move.
- Report: Phil Jackson expected to finalize contract with Knicks by end of week 0
- The Extra Pass: Gerald Green doesn’t regret moment of his winding journey to NBA stardom 4
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 4
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker ejected after elbow thrown to Blake Griffin’s head (VIDEO) 12
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 11