Mar 3, 2011, 12:50 PM EDT
No surprise here, but it became official, Mike Bibby has signed with the Miami Heat the team announced.
“We want to welcome Mike Bibby as we continue to move into the direction of our championship dreams,” said Heat President Pat Riley. “We feel Mike, with his vast postseason experience, long range game and point guard abilities, will give us a boost in the backcourt.”
There are questions about how much Bibby will be able to contribute, but he certainly will get a chance. He gave up a lot — more than $6 million in a Washington Wizards buyout — to make a run at a title. Say what you want about the Heat, but Bibby joins a list of other Heat players who have up more money to make a serious run at a title.
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 2
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 39
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7
- Report: Lakers considering bringing back Metta World Peace 33
- PBT Extra: One-on-one with Stephen Curry 0
- LeBron James pumped to play with Kevin Love, Kyrie Irving again 10