Mar 3, 2011, 12:50 PM EDT
No surprise here, but it became official, Mike Bibby has signed with the Miami Heat the team announced.
“We want to welcome Mike Bibby as we continue to move into the direction of our championship dreams,” said Heat President Pat Riley. “We feel Mike, with his vast postseason experience, long range game and point guard abilities, will give us a boost in the backcourt.”
There are questions about how much Bibby will be able to contribute, but he certainly will get a chance. He gave up a lot — more than $6 million in a Washington Wizards buyout — to make a run at a title. Say what you want about the Heat, but Bibby joins a list of other Heat players who have up more money to make a serious run at a title.
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 2
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 2
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 2
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 7
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 9
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 8
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 15