Mar 3, 2011, 12:50 PM EST
No surprise here, but it became official, Mike Bibby has signed with the Miami Heat the team announced.
“We want to welcome Mike Bibby as we continue to move into the direction of our championship dreams,” said Heat President Pat Riley. “We feel Mike, with his vast postseason experience, long range game and point guard abilities, will give us a boost in the backcourt.”
There are questions about how much Bibby will be able to contribute, but he certainly will get a chance. He gave up a lot — more than $6 million in a Washington Wizards buyout — to make a run at a title. Say what you want about the Heat, but Bibby joins a list of other Heat players who have up more money to make a serious run at a title.
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 2
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 32
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 17
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6