George Lopez gives Ron Artest tricked out Lakers car

Mar 3, 2011, 4:40 PM EST

Artest_Lakers

Ron Artest and George Lopez are tight because… well, it’s Los Angeles, those kind of things happen.

Lopez is on Artest’s new single “Go Loco” and he’s dropped by the show a couple of times. They are both unreasonably popular considering what they contribute to their business. Lopez has seats you and I can’t afford for Lakers games, so they have that in common, too.

So as he promised on an earlier show after the Lakers last title, Lopez gave Ron Artest a car Wednesday night. A fully tricked out, customized Lakers car. (The car actually comes out about the 4:30 mark of this clip.) Because those kind of things happen in Los Angeles. (via Slam)

1. shaka49 - Mar 3, 2011 at 5:01 PM

This is what headlines look like when white people try to sound hip. “Tricked Out.” Cars are tricked out…not tripped out.

• Kurt Helin - Mar 4, 2011 at 11:37 AM

You’re right, should be tricked not tripped. My bad, I fixed it.

And nobody, including me, thinks I’m hip. Trust me.

2. crohrbaugh - Mar 3, 2011 at 6:17 PM

Who the hell are you to take a shot at George Lopez??

“They are both unreasonably popular considering what they contribute to their business.”

There are many people that think he is hilarious, and I am one of those. No, I’m not hispanic, either, if that was a factor your little blog spot. Of course humor is about taste and opinion, and many people don’t find him funny. But regardless, my point again is who the hell are you to say who should be popular?

Artest, though probably crazy at times, is one of the league’s best defenders. Apparently that isn’t enoungh of a contribution either.

• hnirobert3 - Mar 3, 2011 at 11:30 PM

You think George Lopez is… hilarious? I’m sorry for you. :(

• mickdamill - Mar 4, 2011 at 10:02 AM

Yeah his standup is good (seriously) and his show is well….. I wouldn’t waste my time with that garbage.

3. rapmusicmademedoit - Mar 3, 2011 at 6:17 PM

wait til Kobe hears about this, he will be pissed.

Could Sixers be worst team in NBA history?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches