Mar 3, 2011, 4:00 PM EDT
Kevin Durant says he can go Friday for the Thunder against the Hawks. Coach Scott Brooks called him doubtful after Durant sat out practice Thursday.
Take the coach in this one.
Nothing has been decided, according to the Oklahoman, and Durant was walking around practice without a protective boot. But as he is the franchise expect the team to error on the side of caution.
“But you never know,” Brooks said. “We’ll see how he feels overnight and we’ll go from there. He’s a competitive guy like we all are. He doesn’t like to miss games, but we’re going to do what’s best for Kevin….”
“It’s not in my hands,” Durant said, leaving the decision to the team’s medical staff. “As of right now, I want to play. I think I can play. If we started a game right now I could play.”
James Harden would start if Durant sits, Brooks also said.
If he only misses one game, after how bad the injury looked when it happened Wednesday night, that is a win for the Thunder. The injury occurred when Durant tried to drive around Indiana’s Tyler Hansbrough and stepped on Hansbrough’s foot, causing his ankle to w. He stayed in to shoot his free throws then left the game.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 41
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 5
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5