Mar 3, 2011, 4:00 PM EDT
Kevin Durant says he can go Friday for the Thunder against the Hawks. Coach Scott Brooks called him doubtful after Durant sat out practice Thursday.
Take the coach in this one.
Nothing has been decided, according to the Oklahoman, and Durant was walking around practice without a protective boot. But as he is the franchise expect the team to error on the side of caution.
“But you never know,” Brooks said. “We’ll see how he feels overnight and we’ll go from there. He’s a competitive guy like we all are. He doesn’t like to miss games, but we’re going to do what’s best for Kevin….”
“It’s not in my hands,” Durant said, leaving the decision to the team’s medical staff. “As of right now, I want to play. I think I can play. If we started a game right now I could play.”
James Harden would start if Durant sits, Brooks also said.
If he only misses one game, after how bad the injury looked when it happened Wednesday night, that is a win for the Thunder. The injury occurred when Durant tried to drive around Indiana’s Tyler Hansbrough and stepped on Hansbrough’s foot, causing his ankle to w. He stayed in to shoot his free throws then left the game.
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 28
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 26
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 56
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48