Mar 3, 2011, 4:00 PM EDT
Kevin Durant says he can go Friday for the Thunder against the Hawks. Coach Scott Brooks called him doubtful after Durant sat out practice Thursday.
Take the coach in this one.
Nothing has been decided, according to the Oklahoman, and Durant was walking around practice without a protective boot. But as he is the franchise expect the team to error on the side of caution.
“But you never know,” Brooks said. “We’ll see how he feels overnight and we’ll go from there. He’s a competitive guy like we all are. He doesn’t like to miss games, but we’re going to do what’s best for Kevin….”
“It’s not in my hands,” Durant said, leaving the decision to the team’s medical staff. “As of right now, I want to play. I think I can play. If we started a game right now I could play.”
James Harden would start if Durant sits, Brooks also said.
If he only misses one game, after how bad the injury looked when it happened Wednesday night, that is a win for the Thunder. The injury occurred when Durant tried to drive around Indiana’s Tyler Hansbrough and stepped on Hansbrough’s foot, causing his ankle to w. He stayed in to shoot his free throws then left the game.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 10
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48