Mar 3, 2011, 4:00 PM EDT
Kevin Durant says he can go Friday for the Thunder against the Hawks. Coach Scott Brooks called him doubtful after Durant sat out practice Thursday.
Take the coach in this one.
Nothing has been decided, according to the Oklahoman, and Durant was walking around practice without a protective boot. But as he is the franchise expect the team to error on the side of caution.
“But you never know,” Brooks said. “We’ll see how he feels overnight and we’ll go from there. He’s a competitive guy like we all are. He doesn’t like to miss games, but we’re going to do what’s best for Kevin….”
“It’s not in my hands,” Durant said, leaving the decision to the team’s medical staff. “As of right now, I want to play. I think I can play. If we started a game right now I could play.”
James Harden would start if Durant sits, Brooks also said.
If he only misses one game, after how bad the injury looked when it happened Wednesday night, that is a win for the Thunder. The injury occurred when Durant tried to drive around Indiana’s Tyler Hansbrough and stepped on Hansbrough’s foot, causing his ankle to w. He stayed in to shoot his free throws then left the game.
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 5
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 5
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 9
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7