Mar 3, 2011, 4:00 PM EDT
Kevin Durant says he can go Friday for the Thunder against the Hawks. Coach Scott Brooks called him doubtful after Durant sat out practice Thursday.
Take the coach in this one.
Nothing has been decided, according to the Oklahoman, and Durant was walking around practice without a protective boot. But as he is the franchise expect the team to error on the side of caution.
“But you never know,” Brooks said. “We’ll see how he feels overnight and we’ll go from there. He’s a competitive guy like we all are. He doesn’t like to miss games, but we’re going to do what’s best for Kevin….”
“It’s not in my hands,” Durant said, leaving the decision to the team’s medical staff. “As of right now, I want to play. I think I can play. If we started a game right now I could play.”
James Harden would start if Durant sits, Brooks also said.
If he only misses one game, after how bad the injury looked when it happened Wednesday night, that is a win for the Thunder. The injury occurred when Durant tried to drive around Indiana’s Tyler Hansbrough and stepped on Hansbrough’s foot, causing his ankle to w. He stayed in to shoot his free throws then left the game.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 0
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 1
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 44
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 65
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 7
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 31
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 47