Mar 3, 2011, 3:50 AM EDT
And the Celtics have another big man go down to injury. How long and how severe we find out Thursday.
Glen “Big Baby” Davis suffered a patella tendon strain Wednesday night while taking a fourth quarter shot attempt against the Phoenix Suns. He will have an MRI Thursday to determine the severity of the injury, according to Jessica Camerato of CSN New England.
Davis had been playing trough pain in his knee for a while, risking further injury but with Shaquille O’Neal and Jermaine O’Neal still out and Kendrick Perkins in the Midwest, Davis tried to take on the extra load.
“I just felt obligated to play through the pain,” he told CSNNE.com.
Nice sentiment, but he may have made things worse. Any loss of time would leave the Celtics seriously shorthanded along the front line.
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 0
- Report: Phil Jackson expected to finalize contract with Knicks by end of week 3
- The Extra Pass: Gerald Green doesn’t regret moment of his winding journey to NBA stardom 5
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 4
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker ejected after elbow thrown to Blake Griffin’s head (VIDEO) 12