Mar 3, 2011, 3:50 AM EDT
And the Celtics have another big man go down to injury. How long and how severe we find out Thursday.
Glen “Big Baby” Davis suffered a patella tendon strain Wednesday night while taking a fourth quarter shot attempt against the Phoenix Suns. He will have an MRI Thursday to determine the severity of the injury, according to Jessica Camerato of CSN New England.
Davis had been playing trough pain in his knee for a while, risking further injury but with Shaquille O’Neal and Jermaine O’Neal still out and Kendrick Perkins in the Midwest, Davis tried to take on the extra load.
“I just felt obligated to play through the pain,” he told CSNNE.com.
Nice sentiment, but he may have made things worse. Any loss of time would leave the Celtics seriously shorthanded along the front line.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 65
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 13
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32