Mar 3, 2011, 3:50 AM EST
And the Celtics have another big man go down to injury. How long and how severe we find out Thursday.
Glen “Big Baby” Davis suffered a patella tendon strain Wednesday night while taking a fourth quarter shot attempt against the Phoenix Suns. He will have an MRI Thursday to determine the severity of the injury, according to Jessica Camerato of CSN New England.
Davis had been playing trough pain in his knee for a while, risking further injury but with Shaquille O’Neal and Jermaine O’Neal still out and Kendrick Perkins in the Midwest, Davis tried to take on the extra load.
“I just felt obligated to play through the pain,” he told CSNNE.com.
Nice sentiment, but he may have made things worse. Any loss of time would leave the Celtics seriously shorthanded along the front line.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 5
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 13
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 31
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10