Mar 3, 2011, 3:50 AM EDT
And the Celtics have another big man go down to injury. How long and how severe we find out Thursday.
Glen “Big Baby” Davis suffered a patella tendon strain Wednesday night while taking a fourth quarter shot attempt against the Phoenix Suns. He will have an MRI Thursday to determine the severity of the injury, according to Jessica Camerato of CSN New England.
Davis had been playing trough pain in his knee for a while, risking further injury but with Shaquille O’Neal and Jermaine O’Neal still out and Kendrick Perkins in the Midwest, Davis tried to take on the extra load.
“I just felt obligated to play through the pain,” he told CSNNE.com.
Nice sentiment, but he may have made things worse. Any loss of time would leave the Celtics seriously shorthanded along the front line.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 13
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50