Mar 3, 2011, 3:50 AM EDT
And the Celtics have another big man go down to injury. How long and how severe we find out Thursday.
Glen “Big Baby” Davis suffered a patella tendon strain Wednesday night while taking a fourth quarter shot attempt against the Phoenix Suns. He will have an MRI Thursday to determine the severity of the injury, according to Jessica Camerato of CSN New England.
Davis had been playing trough pain in his knee for a while, risking further injury but with Shaquille O’Neal and Jermaine O’Neal still out and Kendrick Perkins in the Midwest, Davis tried to take on the extra load.
“I just felt obligated to play through the pain,” he told CSNNE.com.
Nice sentiment, but he may have made things worse. Any loss of time would leave the Celtics seriously shorthanded along the front line.
- Paul George tweets: “I’ll be ok and be back better than ever” 0
- Paul George leaves USA Basketball Showcase with severe lower leg injury, remainder of scrimmage canceled 74
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 24
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 10
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49