Mar 3, 2011, 3:50 AM EDT
And the Celtics have another big man go down to injury. How long and how severe we find out Thursday.
Glen “Big Baby” Davis suffered a patella tendon strain Wednesday night while taking a fourth quarter shot attempt against the Phoenix Suns. He will have an MRI Thursday to determine the severity of the injury, according to Jessica Camerato of CSN New England.
Davis had been playing trough pain in his knee for a while, risking further injury but with Shaquille O’Neal and Jermaine O’Neal still out and Kendrick Perkins in the Midwest, Davis tried to take on the extra load.
“I just felt obligated to play through the pain,” he told CSNNE.com.
Nice sentiment, but he may have made things worse. Any loss of time would leave the Celtics seriously shorthanded along the front line.
- Bobcats fight to the end, but Heat come away with 2-0 series lead 2
- PBT Extra: How ’bout them Wizards? 11
- Phil Jackson wants Carmelo Anthony to take less money to re-sign with Knicks 53
- Report: Frank Vogel “coaching for his job” in wake of team’s slide 20
- Phoenix’s Goran Dragic runs away with Most Improved Player 15