Mar 3, 2011, 5:52 PM EDT
Carmelo Anthony has gone from Denver. Because he forced his way out.
But, you know, he still loves you Denver fans. He really appreciates you.
Sure, he has moved on the next phase of his career. Bright lights and the big city. But he’ll always care about you.
A Note to My Denver fans
I had to let you know how I felt about you, the city, my fans, my friends. You’ve been supportive of me and my NBA career for the past 8 years and that doesn’t go unnoticed.
Drafted when I was 19 I called Denver and the Nuggets my home. The city and the fans embraced me and watched me grow as a man and a player.
There are no words to express the gratitude and appreciation I have for Denver, the Nuggets and all the fans.
You will always be a part of my heart.
I am certain Denver fans will let Anthony know of their feelings toward him next time he is in town. Then again, since they are 4-1 and playing good defense since he left, maybe they will get over him sooner than you think.
- LeBron scores 36, Cavaliers bounce back to get overtime win over Bulls 4
- Ricky Rubio agrees to 4-year, $55 million contract extension with Timberwolves 6
- Report: Warriors agree to four-year, $70 million extension with Klay Thompson 13
- Can Thunder, without Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook, overcome their first identity crisis? 13
- Jazz guard Alec Burks signs contract extension worth $42 million-$45 million 11
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 12
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 2
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, likely out 4-6 weeks 10