Mar 3, 2011, 5:52 PM EDT
Carmelo Anthony has gone from Denver. Because he forced his way out.
But, you know, he still loves you Denver fans. He really appreciates you.
Sure, he has moved on the next phase of his career. Bright lights and the big city. But he’ll always care about you.
A Note to My Denver fans
I had to let you know how I felt about you, the city, my fans, my friends. You’ve been supportive of me and my NBA career for the past 8 years and that doesn’t go unnoticed.
Drafted when I was 19 I called Denver and the Nuggets my home. The city and the fans embraced me and watched me grow as a man and a player.
There are no words to express the gratitude and appreciation I have for Denver, the Nuggets and all the fans.
You will always be a part of my heart.
I am certain Denver fans will let Anthony know of their feelings toward him next time he is in town. Then again, since they are 4-1 and playing good defense since he left, maybe they will get over him sooner than you think.
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 2
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 18
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7