Mar 3, 2011, 3:44 PM EST
News could have been much worse, so Celtics fans should take this as a good sign.
Doc Rivers said Thursday that Glen “Big Baby” Davis will be out just 3-5 days, according to CSN New England. That would mean missing two games (Golden State and at Milwaukee). If it goes longer than that the Los Angeles Clippers come to Boston on March 9.
The good news is an MRI showed no serious damage, just the tendinitis that he has been battling since the playoffs last year. Davis suffered a patella tendon strain Wednesday night while taking a fourth quarter shot attempt against the Phoenix Suns.
Davis had been playing trough pain in his knee for a while, pushing through what bothered him because Shaquille O’Neal and Jermaine O’Neal still out and Kendrick Perkins was traded.
This means Boston is going to push newcomer Troy Murphy as hard as they can. Murphy played 14 minutes Wednesday but got winded in that time, according to Rivers.
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 12
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 55
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7