Mar 3, 2011, 3:44 PM EDT
News could have been much worse, so Celtics fans should take this as a good sign.
Doc Rivers said Thursday that Glen “Big Baby” Davis will be out just 3-5 days, according to CSN New England. That would mean missing two games (Golden State and at Milwaukee). If it goes longer than that the Los Angeles Clippers come to Boston on March 9.
The good news is an MRI showed no serious damage, just the tendinitis that he has been battling since the playoffs last year. Davis suffered a patella tendon strain Wednesday night while taking a fourth quarter shot attempt against the Phoenix Suns.
Davis had been playing trough pain in his knee for a while, pushing through what bothered him because Shaquille O’Neal and Jermaine O’Neal still out and Kendrick Perkins was traded.
This means Boston is going to push newcomer Troy Murphy as hard as they can. Murphy played 14 minutes Wednesday but got winded in that time, according to Rivers.
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 0
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 1
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 28
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 24
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2