Mar 3, 2011, 3:44 PM EDT
News could have been much worse, so Celtics fans should take this as a good sign.
Doc Rivers said Thursday that Glen “Big Baby” Davis will be out just 3-5 days, according to CSN New England. That would mean missing two games (Golden State and at Milwaukee). If it goes longer than that the Los Angeles Clippers come to Boston on March 9.
The good news is an MRI showed no serious damage, just the tendinitis that he has been battling since the playoffs last year. Davis suffered a patella tendon strain Wednesday night while taking a fourth quarter shot attempt against the Phoenix Suns.
Davis had been playing trough pain in his knee for a while, pushing through what bothered him because Shaquille O’Neal and Jermaine O’Neal still out and Kendrick Perkins was traded.
This means Boston is going to push newcomer Troy Murphy as hard as they can. Murphy played 14 minutes Wednesday but got winded in that time, according to Rivers.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 2
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 22
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 20
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 28
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10