Mar 3, 2011, 3:44 PM EDT
News could have been much worse, so Celtics fans should take this as a good sign.
Doc Rivers said Thursday that Glen “Big Baby” Davis will be out just 3-5 days, according to CSN New England. That would mean missing two games (Golden State and at Milwaukee). If it goes longer than that the Los Angeles Clippers come to Boston on March 9.
The good news is an MRI showed no serious damage, just the tendinitis that he has been battling since the playoffs last year. Davis suffered a patella tendon strain Wednesday night while taking a fourth quarter shot attempt against the Phoenix Suns.
Davis had been playing trough pain in his knee for a while, pushing through what bothered him because Shaquille O’Neal and Jermaine O’Neal still out and Kendrick Perkins was traded.
This means Boston is going to push newcomer Troy Murphy as hard as they can. Murphy played 14 minutes Wednesday but got winded in that time, according to Rivers.
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 9
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 13
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis, Pelicans made playoffs. Will they get a fifth game vs. Warriors? 6
- Rumor: LaMarcus Aldridge more likely to leave Trail Blazers in free agency than people realize 24
- PBT First-Round Playoff Previews: Chicago Bulls vs. Milwaukee Bucks 8
- PBT First-Round Playoff Previews: Houston Rockets vs. Dallas Mavericks 15