Mar 3, 2011, 3:44 PM EDT
News could have been much worse, so Celtics fans should take this as a good sign.
Doc Rivers said Thursday that Glen “Big Baby” Davis will be out just 3-5 days, according to CSN New England. That would mean missing two games (Golden State and at Milwaukee). If it goes longer than that the Los Angeles Clippers come to Boston on March 9.
The good news is an MRI showed no serious damage, just the tendinitis that he has been battling since the playoffs last year. Davis suffered a patella tendon strain Wednesday night while taking a fourth quarter shot attempt against the Phoenix Suns.
Davis had been playing trough pain in his knee for a while, pushing through what bothered him because Shaquille O’Neal and Jermaine O’Neal still out and Kendrick Perkins was traded.
This means Boston is going to push newcomer Troy Murphy as hard as they can. Murphy played 14 minutes Wednesday but got winded in that time, according to Rivers.
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 9
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 25
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 68
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 8
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 14
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 36