Mar 2, 2011, 12:51 AM EST
It seemed unlikely that Eddy Curry was ever going to suit up for the Minnesota Timberwolves. It’s not like they were ever going to take minutes away from Kevin Love to give to Curry. Heck, I wouldn’t take minutes away from Darko to give to Curry.
So the two sides agreed to a buyout, the Wolves announced during their loss to the Lakers. Remember that Curry came to Minnesota, along with Anthony Randolph and $3 million cash, as part of the deal that sent Carmelo Antony from Denver to New York. Conveniently, the $3 million basically covers Curry’s buyout.
Frank Isola of the New York Daily News tweets not to be shocked if Boston gives Eddy Curry a test drive. We say you should be shocked. Curry hasn’t been able to sniff the Knicks rotation, and they desperately need a big man. Minnesota didn’t want him. Nobody sane will take him on. We’ll see but this may be the end of the line in the NBA for Curry.
- Wednesday night NBA Grades: LaMarcus Aldridge is a flat out stud 2
- Arena evacuated after fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 12
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 11
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 5
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 25
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)