Mar 2, 2011, 12:51 AM EDT
It seemed unlikely that Eddy Curry was ever going to suit up for the Minnesota Timberwolves. It’s not like they were ever going to take minutes away from Kevin Love to give to Curry. Heck, I wouldn’t take minutes away from Darko to give to Curry.
So the two sides agreed to a buyout, the Wolves announced during their loss to the Lakers. Remember that Curry came to Minnesota, along with Anthony Randolph and $3 million cash, as part of the deal that sent Carmelo Antony from Denver to New York. Conveniently, the $3 million basically covers Curry’s buyout.
Frank Isola of the New York Daily News tweets not to be shocked if Boston gives Eddy Curry a test drive. We say you should be shocked. Curry hasn’t been able to sniff the Knicks rotation, and they desperately need a big man. Minnesota didn’t want him. Nobody sane will take him on. We’ll see but this may be the end of the line in the NBA for Curry.
- Eastern Conference Finals preview: Pacers vs. Heat 2
- Clippers let go of Vinny Del Negro as coach 19
- Durant donates $1 million to Oklahoma City tornado disaster relief efforts 12
- Odds for the NBA Draft Lottery (that teams don’t care if they win) 11
- Jim Boeheim says Knicks problem is not Carmelo, it’s everyone else 8
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (121)
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- Golden Super Bowl to Bay Area; LI to Houston
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- CSN: Tiger admits he and Sergio don't get along
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4
- PFT: Romo out of OTAs after back surgery