Mar 2, 2011, 12:51 AM EDT
It seemed unlikely that Eddy Curry was ever going to suit up for the Minnesota Timberwolves. It’s not like they were ever going to take minutes away from Kevin Love to give to Curry. Heck, I wouldn’t take minutes away from Darko to give to Curry.
So the two sides agreed to a buyout, the Wolves announced during their loss to the Lakers. Remember that Curry came to Minnesota, along with Anthony Randolph and $3 million cash, as part of the deal that sent Carmelo Antony from Denver to New York. Conveniently, the $3 million basically covers Curry’s buyout.
Frank Isola of the New York Daily News tweets not to be shocked if Boston gives Eddy Curry a test drive. We say you should be shocked. Curry hasn’t been able to sniff the Knicks rotation, and they desperately need a big man. Minnesota didn’t want him. Nobody sane will take him on. We’ll see but this may be the end of the line in the NBA for Curry.
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 0
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 5
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 7
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6