Mar 2, 2011, 12:51 AM EDT
It seemed unlikely that Eddy Curry was ever going to suit up for the Minnesota Timberwolves. It’s not like they were ever going to take minutes away from Kevin Love to give to Curry. Heck, I wouldn’t take minutes away from Darko to give to Curry.
So the two sides agreed to a buyout, the Wolves announced during their loss to the Lakers. Remember that Curry came to Minnesota, along with Anthony Randolph and $3 million cash, as part of the deal that sent Carmelo Antony from Denver to New York. Conveniently, the $3 million basically covers Curry’s buyout.
Frank Isola of the New York Daily News tweets not to be shocked if Boston gives Eddy Curry a test drive. We say you should be shocked. Curry hasn’t been able to sniff the Knicks rotation, and they desperately need a big man. Minnesota didn’t want him. Nobody sane will take him on. We’ll see but this may be the end of the line in the NBA for Curry.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 13
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50