Mar 2, 2011, 12:51 AM EDT
It seemed unlikely that Eddy Curry was ever going to suit up for the Minnesota Timberwolves. It’s not like they were ever going to take minutes away from Kevin Love to give to Curry. Heck, I wouldn’t take minutes away from Darko to give to Curry.
So the two sides agreed to a buyout, the Wolves announced during their loss to the Lakers. Remember that Curry came to Minnesota, along with Anthony Randolph and $3 million cash, as part of the deal that sent Carmelo Antony from Denver to New York. Conveniently, the $3 million basically covers Curry’s buyout.
Frank Isola of the New York Daily News tweets not to be shocked if Boston gives Eddy Curry a test drive. We say you should be shocked. Curry hasn’t been able to sniff the Knicks rotation, and they desperately need a big man. Minnesota didn’t want him. Nobody sane will take him on. We’ll see but this may be the end of the line in the NBA for Curry.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 43
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 6
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5