Mar 2, 2011, 11:32 AM EDT
From Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald: “In games when the Heat was tied or trailed by one, two or three, with less than 30 seconds left, Miami has made just 4 of 22 shots from the field, and only one in a win ( Eddie House’s three-pointer at Oklahoma City).”
The teams with the best defenses in the NBA also have some of the weakest schedules in the NBA. Coincidence?
Tyreke Evans has been named in a civil suit where his car was used in a drive-by shooting that took a life back in 2007. The trail date for the case has been set.
T.J. Ford remains a Pacer. T.J. Ford is not happy about remaining a Pacer.
The Clippers could roll out a backcourt of Mo Williams and Eric Gordon (ready to return from injury) Wednesday.
Talks are getting serious about a Bill Russell statue in Boston. Get that done, would ya.
The conversation between Deron Williams and Jay-Z Monday probably went a lot like this.
Timofey Mozgov’s wedding story is classic. Not that we recommend you suggesting it to your fiancé.
Baron Davis may make his Cavaliers debut Friday against the Knicks. Set your DVRs now.
Great point by Ramona Shelburne at ESPNLosAngeles — at the trading deadline the Clippers sent a draft pick (read: inexpensive player) away and are going after free agents (read: expensive players). If that really happens it is a change of philosophy from the top down.
The Knicks claimed the athletic Derrick Brown off waivers from Charlotte. That is a smart little pickup.
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 13
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 22
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 12
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 30