Mar 2, 2011, 11:32 AM EST
From Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald: “In games when the Heat was tied or trailed by one, two or three, with less than 30 seconds left, Miami has made just 4 of 22 shots from the field, and only one in a win ( Eddie House’s three-pointer at Oklahoma City).”
The teams with the best defenses in the NBA also have some of the weakest schedules in the NBA. Coincidence?
Tyreke Evans has been named in a civil suit where his car was used in a drive-by shooting that took a life back in 2007. The trail date for the case has been set.
T.J. Ford remains a Pacer. T.J. Ford is not happy about remaining a Pacer.
The Clippers could roll out a backcourt of Mo Williams and Eric Gordon (ready to return from injury) Wednesday.
Talks are getting serious about a Bill Russell statue in Boston. Get that done, would ya.
The conversation between Deron Williams and Jay-Z Monday probably went a lot like this.
Timofey Mozgov’s wedding story is classic. Not that we recommend you suggesting it to your fiancé.
Baron Davis may make his Cavaliers debut Friday against the Knicks. Set your DVRs now.
Great point by Ramona Shelburne at ESPNLosAngeles — at the trading deadline the Clippers sent a draft pick (read: inexpensive player) away and are going after free agents (read: expensive players). If that really happens it is a change of philosophy from the top down.
The Knicks claimed the athletic Derrick Brown off waivers from Charlotte. That is a smart little pickup.
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 5
- The Extra Pass: The shot that won’t fade away, and Thursday’s recaps 2
- Thursday night NBA Grades: Mike Woodson is allowed to exhale 7
- Knicks snap nine-game losing streak by crushing depleted Nets 13
- David Stern issues statement on passing of Nelson Mandela, players take to twitter 6
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)