Mar 2, 2011, 11:32 AM EDT
From Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald: “In games when the Heat was tied or trailed by one, two or three, with less than 30 seconds left, Miami has made just 4 of 22 shots from the field, and only one in a win ( Eddie House’s three-pointer at Oklahoma City).”
The teams with the best defenses in the NBA also have some of the weakest schedules in the NBA. Coincidence?
Tyreke Evans has been named in a civil suit where his car was used in a drive-by shooting that took a life back in 2007. The trail date for the case has been set.
T.J. Ford remains a Pacer. T.J. Ford is not happy about remaining a Pacer.
The Clippers could roll out a backcourt of Mo Williams and Eric Gordon (ready to return from injury) Wednesday.
Talks are getting serious about a Bill Russell statue in Boston. Get that done, would ya.
The conversation between Deron Williams and Jay-Z Monday probably went a lot like this.
Timofey Mozgov’s wedding story is classic. Not that we recommend you suggesting it to your fiancé.
Baron Davis may make his Cavaliers debut Friday against the Knicks. Set your DVRs now.
Great point by Ramona Shelburne at ESPNLosAngeles — at the trading deadline the Clippers sent a draft pick (read: inexpensive player) away and are going after free agents (read: expensive players). If that really happens it is a change of philosophy from the top down.
The Knicks claimed the athletic Derrick Brown off waivers from Charlotte. That is a smart little pickup.
- PBT Extra: Who wins Game 5 between Spurs, Clippers? Flip a coin. 1
- PBT Extra: Rockets must adjust to new Mavericks starting lineup in Game 5 7
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 5
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 23
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 11
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 7
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 42