Mar 2, 2011, 11:32 AM EDT
From Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald: “In games when the Heat was tied or trailed by one, two or three, with less than 30 seconds left, Miami has made just 4 of 22 shots from the field, and only one in a win ( Eddie House’s three-pointer at Oklahoma City).”
The teams with the best defenses in the NBA also have some of the weakest schedules in the NBA. Coincidence?
Tyreke Evans has been named in a civil suit where his car was used in a drive-by shooting that took a life back in 2007. The trail date for the case has been set.
T.J. Ford remains a Pacer. T.J. Ford is not happy about remaining a Pacer.
The Clippers could roll out a backcourt of Mo Williams and Eric Gordon (ready to return from injury) Wednesday.
Talks are getting serious about a Bill Russell statue in Boston. Get that done, would ya.
The conversation between Deron Williams and Jay-Z Monday probably went a lot like this.
Timofey Mozgov’s wedding story is classic. Not that we recommend you suggesting it to your fiancé.
Baron Davis may make his Cavaliers debut Friday against the Knicks. Set your DVRs now.
Great point by Ramona Shelburne at ESPNLosAngeles — at the trading deadline the Clippers sent a draft pick (read: inexpensive player) away and are going after free agents (read: expensive players). If that really happens it is a change of philosophy from the top down.
The Knicks claimed the athletic Derrick Brown off waivers from Charlotte. That is a smart little pickup.
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 6
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 2
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10