Mar 2, 2011, 12:23 PM EDT
Note to Dwight Howard — if you don’t want people speculating about your future, don’t say things like this.
We told you yesterday of the reports that the New Jersey Nets planned to go after Howard when he became a free agent, or before. Of course, Howard was asked about that before the game Tuesday and he responded with this, according to the Orlando Sentinel.
“Orlando’s the most attractive place for me right now,” Howard answered, a smile on his face. “They have a sexy new arena, a beautiful franchise, nice banners around here and been in the top four in the Eastern Conference for the past four years. Yes, Orlando’s the most attractive place right now.”
You can take that any way you want.
If you’re Orlando fans, he clearly loves you, the city and the team.
If you’re Nets fans (or Lakers fans or Knicks fans or fans of the 26 other teams who would be interested in Howard) you can note he said “right now” as a qualifier. Meaning his mind could easily change, especially if he feels the team is slipping.
Bottom line — the Howard speculation is not going away any time soon.
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 4
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 20
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 9
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 54
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 22
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 56
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 64