Mar 2, 2011, 12:23 PM EST
Note to Dwight Howard — if you don’t want people speculating about your future, don’t say things like this.
We told you yesterday of the reports that the New Jersey Nets planned to go after Howard when he became a free agent, or before. Of course, Howard was asked about that before the game Tuesday and he responded with this, according to the Orlando Sentinel.
“Orlando’s the most attractive place for me right now,” Howard answered, a smile on his face. “They have a sexy new arena, a beautiful franchise, nice banners around here and been in the top four in the Eastern Conference for the past four years. Yes, Orlando’s the most attractive place right now.”
You can take that any way you want.
If you’re Orlando fans, he clearly loves you, the city and the team.
If you’re Nets fans (or Lakers fans or Knicks fans or fans of the 26 other teams who would be interested in Howard) you can note he said “right now” as a qualifier. Meaning his mind could easily change, especially if he feels the team is slipping.
Bottom line — the Howard speculation is not going away any time soon.
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 2
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 30