Mar 2, 2011, 12:23 PM EDT
Note to Dwight Howard — if you don’t want people speculating about your future, don’t say things like this.
We told you yesterday of the reports that the New Jersey Nets planned to go after Howard when he became a free agent, or before. Of course, Howard was asked about that before the game Tuesday and he responded with this, according to the Orlando Sentinel.
“Orlando’s the most attractive place for me right now,” Howard answered, a smile on his face. “They have a sexy new arena, a beautiful franchise, nice banners around here and been in the top four in the Eastern Conference for the past four years. Yes, Orlando’s the most attractive place right now.”
You can take that any way you want.
If you’re Orlando fans, he clearly loves you, the city and the team.
If you’re Nets fans (or Lakers fans or Knicks fans or fans of the 26 other teams who would be interested in Howard) you can note he said “right now” as a qualifier. Meaning his mind could easily change, especially if he feels the team is slipping.
Bottom line — the Howard speculation is not going away any time soon.
- 67RIEFNS: Warriors starters with Draymond Green 0
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 15
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 9
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70