Mar 2, 2011, 12:23 PM EDT
Note to Dwight Howard — if you don’t want people speculating about your future, don’t say things like this.
We told you yesterday of the reports that the New Jersey Nets planned to go after Howard when he became a free agent, or before. Of course, Howard was asked about that before the game Tuesday and he responded with this, according to the Orlando Sentinel.
“Orlando’s the most attractive place for me right now,” Howard answered, a smile on his face. “They have a sexy new arena, a beautiful franchise, nice banners around here and been in the top four in the Eastern Conference for the past four years. Yes, Orlando’s the most attractive place right now.”
You can take that any way you want.
If you’re Orlando fans, he clearly loves you, the city and the team.
If you’re Nets fans (or Lakers fans or Knicks fans or fans of the 26 other teams who would be interested in Howard) you can note he said “right now” as a qualifier. Meaning his mind could easily change, especially if he feels the team is slipping.
Bottom line — the Howard speculation is not going away any time soon.
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 10
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 7
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 16
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 18
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34