Mar 2, 2011, 12:23 PM EDT
Note to Dwight Howard — if you don’t want people speculating about your future, don’t say things like this.
We told you yesterday of the reports that the New Jersey Nets planned to go after Howard when he became a free agent, or before. Of course, Howard was asked about that before the game Tuesday and he responded with this, according to the Orlando Sentinel.
“Orlando’s the most attractive place for me right now,” Howard answered, a smile on his face. “They have a sexy new arena, a beautiful franchise, nice banners around here and been in the top four in the Eastern Conference for the past four years. Yes, Orlando’s the most attractive place right now.”
You can take that any way you want.
If you’re Orlando fans, he clearly loves you, the city and the team.
If you’re Nets fans (or Lakers fans or Knicks fans or fans of the 26 other teams who would be interested in Howard) you can note he said “right now” as a qualifier. Meaning his mind could easily change, especially if he feels the team is slipping.
Bottom line — the Howard speculation is not going away any time soon.
- Bugs Bunny teases the Jordan XXX in interview with Ahmad Rashad (VIDEO) 1
- Report: LeBron James calls the plays, Cavaliers coach David Blatt repeats them to team 50
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 15
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13