Mar 2, 2011, 5:26 PM EST
I know, I know. We’re all trying to move on forget the Summer or LeBron ever happened, just like we’re trying to forget that night we broke out the bottle of Mescal. Best if it just isn’t discussed anymore.
But Derrick Rose wants to make it clear that he did, too, reach out to LeBron. There were reports this summer Rose didn’t really want LeBron to come to Chicago, but Rose told Sports Illustrated (via ESPNChicago) that is not true.
In a Sports Illustrated article out this week, Rose remembers the message reading: “I’m just hitting you up to kill all the rumors that I don’t want to play with you. I’d like to play with you. I just want to win.”
Of course, in the same article Rose’s own brother undercuts him.
“He always told me he didn’t want to be on one of those stacked teams,” Rose’s brother Reggie told the magazine. “He wanted to be with an underdog.”
Maybe Rose made his pitch but too late into the game. Whatever. It’s kind of moot now. We all need to just move on. But we’re letting Rose say he tried.
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 6
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 2
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 18
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 12
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 48
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 25
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 12