Mar 2, 2011, 4:09 PM EDT
You had a feeling when a guy as hard core as Chauncey Billups used the word “severe” to describe his thigh bruise Tuesday night, he might not be playing Wednesday.
Billups was injured with 2:13 left in the game against the Magic Tuesday night. He tried to fight over the top of a Dwight Howard pick and his thigh banged into Howard’s knee. Howard’s knee won. Billups left the game and did not return.
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 12
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 31
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8