Mar 2, 2011, 2:03 AM EDT
Carmelo Anthony is nice throw in and all, but it was brilliant of the Knicks to trade for Chauncey Billups — that guy is killing it.
Have you seen the Knicks? Billups has become the brains of the outfit. The Knicks play smarter and more under control with Billups on the court.
Bad news is they may need to get by without him for a little bit.
With just a couple of minutes left in Tuesday’s loss to the Magic, Billups tried to fight over the top of a Dwight Howard pick and his thigh collided with Howard’s knee. Billups left the game and did not return.
Billups is pretty much made of stone and does not just leave games with little injuries. After the game he described it as a “pretty deep contusion” and told ESPN New York it was very, very sore. He sounded like a guy that could miss a game or two, although how he feels when he wakes up Wednesday morning will be the real test.
The Knicks play Wednesday night at home against the Hornets. The next game after that is Friday when New York hosts Cleveland.
By the way, Billups had 30 points plus six rebounds and six assists against the Magic before getting injured. Good thing the Knicks traded for him.
- Kyrie Irving aces, Kevin Love passes first playoff test in Cavaliers win over Celtics 0
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 10
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 19
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 7
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 6
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6