Mar 2, 2011, 2:03 AM EDT
Carmelo Anthony is nice throw in and all, but it was brilliant of the Knicks to trade for Chauncey Billups — that guy is killing it.
Have you seen the Knicks? Billups has become the brains of the outfit. The Knicks play smarter and more under control with Billups on the court.
Bad news is they may need to get by without him for a little bit.
With just a couple of minutes left in Tuesday’s loss to the Magic, Billups tried to fight over the top of a Dwight Howard pick and his thigh collided with Howard’s knee. Billups left the game and did not return.
Billups is pretty much made of stone and does not just leave games with little injuries. After the game he described it as a “pretty deep contusion” and told ESPN New York it was very, very sore. He sounded like a guy that could miss a game or two, although how he feels when he wakes up Wednesday morning will be the real test.
The Knicks play Wednesday night at home against the Hornets. The next game after that is Friday when New York hosts Cleveland.
By the way, Billups had 30 points plus six rebounds and six assists against the Magic before getting injured. Good thing the Knicks traded for him.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 5
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48