Mar 2, 2011, 2:03 AM EDT
Carmelo Anthony is nice throw in and all, but it was brilliant of the Knicks to trade for Chauncey Billups — that guy is killing it.
Have you seen the Knicks? Billups has become the brains of the outfit. The Knicks play smarter and more under control with Billups on the court.
Bad news is they may need to get by without him for a little bit.
With just a couple of minutes left in Tuesday’s loss to the Magic, Billups tried to fight over the top of a Dwight Howard pick and his thigh collided with Howard’s knee. Billups left the game and did not return.
Billups is pretty much made of stone and does not just leave games with little injuries. After the game he described it as a “pretty deep contusion” and told ESPN New York it was very, very sore. He sounded like a guy that could miss a game or two, although how he feels when he wakes up Wednesday morning will be the real test.
The Knicks play Wednesday night at home against the Hornets. The next game after that is Friday when New York hosts Cleveland.
By the way, Billups had 30 points plus six rebounds and six assists against the Magic before getting injured. Good thing the Knicks traded for him.
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 7
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 18
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29