Mar 2, 2011, 2:03 AM EDT
Carmelo Anthony is nice throw in and all, but it was brilliant of the Knicks to trade for Chauncey Billups — that guy is killing it.
Have you seen the Knicks? Billups has become the brains of the outfit. The Knicks play smarter and more under control with Billups on the court.
Bad news is they may need to get by without him for a little bit.
With just a couple of minutes left in Tuesday’s loss to the Magic, Billups tried to fight over the top of a Dwight Howard pick and his thigh collided with Howard’s knee. Billups left the game and did not return.
Billups is pretty much made of stone and does not just leave games with little injuries. After the game he described it as a “pretty deep contusion” and told ESPN New York it was very, very sore. He sounded like a guy that could miss a game or two, although how he feels when he wakes up Wednesday morning will be the real test.
The Knicks play Wednesday night at home against the Hornets. The next game after that is Friday when New York hosts Cleveland.
By the way, Billups had 30 points plus six rebounds and six assists against the Magic before getting injured. Good thing the Knicks traded for him.
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 1
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 32
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 30
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 58
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25