Mar 2, 2011, 11:47 AM EDT
The Bulls are going to get a little more depth at the wing — as expected Rasual Butler will sign with Chicago once he clears waivers.
Butler’s agent Andy Miller confirmed that to CSN Chicago’s Aggrey Sam Wednesday.
Butler was bought out by the Los Angeles Clippers as they want to give minutes to younger players such as Al-Farouq Aminu.
Butler will bring some more depth to the wing, but the Bulls did not land a guy who is going to be a dramatic upgrade from what they have now.
Butler is shooting 32.3 percent overall this season, 32.6 percent from three and actually has a worse PER than Keith Bogans. If he gets in a rhythm in the Bulls offense he can shoot better than those numbers — he has shot as well as 39 percent from three for a season, but never better than 43.3 percent overall. Basically, he’s not a better shooter than Kyle Korver.
Chicago was right to be patient, not to mortgage the future to get a wing at the trade deadline. Butler may be the best option they have. The Bulls have not pushed hard to go after Corey Brewer because of his lack of an outside shot.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 8
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 28
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 38
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 28
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85