Mar 2, 2011, 11:47 AM EDT
The Bulls are going to get a little more depth at the wing — as expected Rasual Butler will sign with Chicago once he clears waivers.
Butler’s agent Andy Miller confirmed that to CSN Chicago’s Aggrey Sam Wednesday.
Butler was bought out by the Los Angeles Clippers as they want to give minutes to younger players such as Al-Farouq Aminu.
Butler will bring some more depth to the wing, but the Bulls did not land a guy who is going to be a dramatic upgrade from what they have now.
Butler is shooting 32.3 percent overall this season, 32.6 percent from three and actually has a worse PER than Keith Bogans. If he gets in a rhythm in the Bulls offense he can shoot better than those numbers — he has shot as well as 39 percent from three for a season, but never better than 43.3 percent overall. Basically, he’s not a better shooter than Kyle Korver.
Chicago was right to be patient, not to mortgage the future to get a wing at the trade deadline. Butler may be the best option they have. The Bulls have not pushed hard to go after Corey Brewer because of his lack of an outside shot.
- Stephen Curry leaves game after taking a hard fall (VIDEO) 1
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 14
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 7
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 29
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 31
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27