Mar 2, 2011, 11:47 AM EDT
The Bulls are going to get a little more depth at the wing — as expected Rasual Butler will sign with Chicago once he clears waivers.
Butler’s agent Andy Miller confirmed that to CSN Chicago’s Aggrey Sam Wednesday.
Butler was bought out by the Los Angeles Clippers as they want to give minutes to younger players such as Al-Farouq Aminu.
Butler will bring some more depth to the wing, but the Bulls did not land a guy who is going to be a dramatic upgrade from what they have now.
Butler is shooting 32.3 percent overall this season, 32.6 percent from three and actually has a worse PER than Keith Bogans. If he gets in a rhythm in the Bulls offense he can shoot better than those numbers — he has shot as well as 39 percent from three for a season, but never better than 43.3 percent overall. Basically, he’s not a better shooter than Kyle Korver.
Chicago was right to be patient, not to mortgage the future to get a wing at the trade deadline. Butler may be the best option they have. The Bulls have not pushed hard to go after Corey Brewer because of his lack of an outside shot.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 30
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 31
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 6
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23