Mar 1, 2011, 1:10 AM EDT
Denver pushed hard to make sure they got Danilo Gallinari as part of the Carmelo Anthony deal, but they’re not going to get much out of him for a week or so.
Gallinari sat out Monday night’s Nuggets win against the Hawks and will miss the next week to 10 days because of a broken toe the team announced. Before the game he was said to be out with a sprained toe but rather than go hockey playoffs with the injury report, the Nuggets came clean.
Gallinari seemed to be fitting in well, dropping 30 in his second game as a Nugget, including hitting the dagger three to win the game. The Nuggets beat the Hawks without the big Italian, but they are a much more dangerous offensive team with him.
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 1
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 13
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 11
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 19
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 27
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 7
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 36