Mar 1, 2011, 1:10 AM EDT
Denver pushed hard to make sure they got Danilo Gallinari as part of the Carmelo Anthony deal, but they’re not going to get much out of him for a week or so.
Gallinari sat out Monday night’s Nuggets win against the Hawks and will miss the next week to 10 days because of a broken toe the team announced. Before the game he was said to be out with a sprained toe but rather than go hockey playoffs with the injury report, the Nuggets came clean.
Gallinari seemed to be fitting in well, dropping 30 in his second game as a Nugget, including hitting the dagger three to win the game. The Nuggets beat the Hawks without the big Italian, but they are a much more dangerous offensive team with him.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 6
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 14
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 7
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 6
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3