Mar 1, 2011, 1:10 AM EDT
Denver pushed hard to make sure they got Danilo Gallinari as part of the Carmelo Anthony deal, but they’re not going to get much out of him for a week or so.
Gallinari sat out Monday night’s Nuggets win against the Hawks and will miss the next week to 10 days because of a broken toe the team announced. Before the game he was said to be out with a sprained toe but rather than go hockey playoffs with the injury report, the Nuggets came clean.
Gallinari seemed to be fitting in well, dropping 30 in his second game as a Nugget, including hitting the dagger three to win the game. The Nuggets beat the Hawks without the big Italian, but they are a much more dangerous offensive team with him.
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 2
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 24
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 75
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 22
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13