Mar 1, 2011, 1:10 AM EDT
Denver pushed hard to make sure they got Danilo Gallinari as part of the Carmelo Anthony deal, but they’re not going to get much out of him for a week or so.
Gallinari sat out Monday night’s Nuggets win against the Hawks and will miss the next week to 10 days because of a broken toe the team announced. Before the game he was said to be out with a sprained toe but rather than go hockey playoffs with the injury report, the Nuggets came clean.
Gallinari seemed to be fitting in well, dropping 30 in his second game as a Nugget, including hitting the dagger three to win the game. The Nuggets beat the Hawks without the big Italian, but they are a much more dangerous offensive team with him.
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 45
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31