Mar 1, 2011, 1:10 AM EDT
Denver pushed hard to make sure they got Danilo Gallinari as part of the Carmelo Anthony deal, but they’re not going to get much out of him for a week or so.
Gallinari sat out Monday night’s Nuggets win against the Hawks and will miss the next week to 10 days because of a broken toe the team announced. Before the game he was said to be out with a sprained toe but rather than go hockey playoffs with the injury report, the Nuggets came clean.
Gallinari seemed to be fitting in well, dropping 30 in his second game as a Nugget, including hitting the dagger three to win the game. The Nuggets beat the Hawks without the big Italian, but they are a much more dangerous offensive team with him.
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 5
- Duke’s Jabari Parker says he will enter NBA Draft 11
- Report: Rick Adelman will not return as Timberwolves coach 10
- Kyrie Irving would be ‘excited’ if Cavaliers offer max contract extension 10
- 2014 PBT Awards: Defensive Player of the Year 18