Mar 1, 2011, 3:18 PM EDT
It wasn’t just you wasting your entire day trying to keep up with your twitter timeline on NBA trade deadline day.
“I actually found out through Twitter feeds online. Honestly, I was on one of the websites and just kept refreshing. … As of 1:45 nothing had happened and I was like, ‘All right, I’m going to finish the year in Houston.’ I hit refresh at 1:55 and it said, ‘Sources say Battier to Memphis.’ I was like, ‘I better start packing.’”
Rockets GM Daryl Morey is on twitter, he should have just announced the trade that way.
Battier added he has a comfort level back in Memphis, where he played the first five years of his career. But that didn’t make the experience any less stressful.
I haven’t had that much stress surrounding basketball since my draft day. It’s a life-altering day. … People don’t realize you have families. I have a pregnant wife … and dogs I have to take care of. Knowing that I would probably have a different address by the end of the day was a little nerve-wracking.”
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 8
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 24
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 15
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 16
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 15
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7