Mar 1, 2011, 3:18 PM EDT
It wasn’t just you wasting your entire day trying to keep up with your twitter timeline on NBA trade deadline day.
“I actually found out through Twitter feeds online. Honestly, I was on one of the websites and just kept refreshing. … As of 1:45 nothing had happened and I was like, ‘All right, I’m going to finish the year in Houston.’ I hit refresh at 1:55 and it said, ‘Sources say Battier to Memphis.’ I was like, ‘I better start packing.’”
Rockets GM Daryl Morey is on twitter, he should have just announced the trade that way.
Battier added he has a comfort level back in Memphis, where he played the first five years of his career. But that didn’t make the experience any less stressful.
I haven’t had that much stress surrounding basketball since my draft day. It’s a life-altering day. … People don’t realize you have families. I have a pregnant wife … and dogs I have to take care of. Knowing that I would probably have a different address by the end of the day was a little nerve-wracking.”
- PBT Extra: Spurs lead Texas winners in NBA Free Agency 0
- J.J. Redick: Clippers deserve “F” for free agency after losing DeAndre Jordan 22
- PBT Podcast: Free agency’s winners and losers 0
- Report: Boston Celtics agree to trade for David Lee for Gerald Wallace 18
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 18
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 24
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 80