Mar 1, 2011, 3:18 PM EST
It wasn’t just you wasting your entire day trying to keep up with your twitter timeline on NBA trade deadline day.
“I actually found out through Twitter feeds online. Honestly, I was on one of the websites and just kept refreshing. … As of 1:45 nothing had happened and I was like, ‘All right, I’m going to finish the year in Houston.’ I hit refresh at 1:55 and it said, ‘Sources say Battier to Memphis.’ I was like, ‘I better start packing.’”
Rockets GM Daryl Morey is on twitter, he should have just announced the trade that way.
Battier added he has a comfort level back in Memphis, where he played the first five years of his career. But that didn’t make the experience any less stressful.
I haven’t had that much stress surrounding basketball since my draft day. It’s a life-altering day. … People don’t realize you have families. I have a pregnant wife … and dogs I have to take care of. Knowing that I would probably have a different address by the end of the day was a little nerve-wracking.”
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Santa brings Warriors top spot, lump of coal for Knicks 3
- Clippers, Mavericks, Rockets and Kings reportedly interested in signing Josh Smith 12
- Pistons release Josh Smith. WHAT? 52
- Lakers may give Kobe Bryant some nights off to rest. If he wants them. 27
- PBT’s Sunday Night Winners/Losers: Anthony Davis is playing like an MVP 13
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 7
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 20