Mar 1, 2011, 3:18 PM EST
It wasn’t just you wasting your entire day trying to keep up with your twitter timeline on NBA trade deadline day.
“I actually found out through Twitter feeds online. Honestly, I was on one of the websites and just kept refreshing. … As of 1:45 nothing had happened and I was like, ‘All right, I’m going to finish the year in Houston.’ I hit refresh at 1:55 and it said, ‘Sources say Battier to Memphis.’ I was like, ‘I better start packing.’”
Rockets GM Daryl Morey is on twitter, he should have just announced the trade that way.
Battier added he has a comfort level back in Memphis, where he played the first five years of his career. But that didn’t make the experience any less stressful.
I haven’t had that much stress surrounding basketball since my draft day. It’s a life-altering day. … People don’t realize you have families. I have a pregnant wife … and dogs I have to take care of. Knowing that I would probably have a different address by the end of the day was a little nerve-wracking.”
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 20
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 2
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 4
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 24
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9