Mar 1, 2011, 3:18 PM EDT
It wasn’t just you wasting your entire day trying to keep up with your twitter timeline on NBA trade deadline day.
“I actually found out through Twitter feeds online. Honestly, I was on one of the websites and just kept refreshing. … As of 1:45 nothing had happened and I was like, ‘All right, I’m going to finish the year in Houston.’ I hit refresh at 1:55 and it said, ‘Sources say Battier to Memphis.’ I was like, ‘I better start packing.’”
Rockets GM Daryl Morey is on twitter, he should have just announced the trade that way.
Battier added he has a comfort level back in Memphis, where he played the first five years of his career. But that didn’t make the experience any less stressful.
I haven’t had that much stress surrounding basketball since my draft day. It’s a life-altering day. … People don’t realize you have families. I have a pregnant wife … and dogs I have to take care of. Knowing that I would probably have a different address by the end of the day was a little nerve-wracking.”
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 7
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 3
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 6
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 13
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 16
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 11
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 23