Feb 28, 2011, 6:45 PM EDT
According to Al Iannazzone, the New Jersey Nets have agreed to sign Sundiata Gaines to a 10-day deal. Gaines is a former D-League player best known for one shot on January 14th, 2010, when he hit a buzzer-beating three to seal an incredible comeback win against the Cleveland Cavaliers. Gaines played 32 games for the Jazz that season, and averaged 3.3 points per game on 46.3% shooting from the field.
This season, Gaines has appeared in a combined 14 games with the Timberwolves and Raptors. Gaines has shown that he can be effective in spot minutes, and will be a familiar face for Deron Williams in New Jersey, but it’s unlikely he’ll ever have another NBA moment as memorable as his dramatic buzzer-beater.
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 16
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 21
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 6
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 64
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 18
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 16