Feb 28, 2011, 6:45 PM EDT
According to Al Iannazzone, the New Jersey Nets have agreed to sign Sundiata Gaines to a 10-day deal. Gaines is a former D-League player best known for one shot on January 14th, 2010, when he hit a buzzer-beating three to seal an incredible comeback win against the Cleveland Cavaliers. Gaines played 32 games for the Jazz that season, and averaged 3.3 points per game on 46.3% shooting from the field.
This season, Gaines has appeared in a combined 14 games with the Timberwolves and Raptors. Gaines has shown that he can be effective in spot minutes, and will be a familiar face for Deron Williams in New Jersey, but it’s unlikely he’ll ever have another NBA moment as memorable as his dramatic buzzer-beater.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 25
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 18