Feb 28, 2011, 6:45 PM EST
According to Al Iannazzone, the New Jersey Nets have agreed to sign Sundiata Gaines to a 10-day deal. Gaines is a former D-League player best known for one shot on January 14th, 2010, when he hit a buzzer-beating three to seal an incredible comeback win against the Cleveland Cavaliers. Gaines played 32 games for the Jazz that season, and averaged 3.3 points per game on 46.3% shooting from the field.
This season, Gaines has appeared in a combined 14 games with the Timberwolves and Raptors. Gaines has shown that he can be effective in spot minutes, and will be a familiar face for Deron Williams in New Jersey, but it’s unlikely he’ll ever have another NBA moment as memorable as his dramatic buzzer-beater.
- Report: Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice 0
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Life is good in the Golden State 1
- Damian Lillard, as stature grows, refuses to become content 3
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You may want to try and cover Marc Gasol 9
- Jimmy Butler on Derrick Rose: “We want him to be 100 percent” for the playoffs 11
- Report: Free agent market for Jeff Green is as strong ‘if not stronger’ than it is for Rajon Rondo 20
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 55
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 3