Feb 28, 2011, 6:45 PM EST
According to Al Iannazzone, the New Jersey Nets have agreed to sign Sundiata Gaines to a 10-day deal. Gaines is a former D-League player best known for one shot on January 14th, 2010, when he hit a buzzer-beating three to seal an incredible comeback win against the Cleveland Cavaliers. Gaines played 32 games for the Jazz that season, and averaged 3.3 points per game on 46.3% shooting from the field.
This season, Gaines has appeared in a combined 14 games with the Timberwolves and Raptors. Gaines has shown that he can be effective in spot minutes, and will be a familiar face for Deron Williams in New Jersey, but it’s unlikely he’ll ever have another NBA moment as memorable as his dramatic buzzer-beater.
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 21
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 11
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 3
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 21
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 17
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (42)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)