Feb 28, 2011, 6:45 PM EDT
According to Al Iannazzone, the New Jersey Nets have agreed to sign Sundiata Gaines to a 10-day deal. Gaines is a former D-League player best known for one shot on January 14th, 2010, when he hit a buzzer-beating three to seal an incredible comeback win against the Cleveland Cavaliers. Gaines played 32 games for the Jazz that season, and averaged 3.3 points per game on 46.3% shooting from the field.
This season, Gaines has appeared in a combined 14 games with the Timberwolves and Raptors. Gaines has shown that he can be effective in spot minutes, and will be a familiar face for Deron Williams in New Jersey, but it’s unlikely he’ll ever have another NBA moment as memorable as his dramatic buzzer-beater.
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 16
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 9
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61