Feb 28, 2011, 10:37 PM EDT
Knicks fans should robbed.
Kelenna Azubuike was potentially a great fit in Mike D’Antoni’s system. But the torn patellar tendon that robbed him of most of last season with the Warriors (he came east in the David Lee trade) has kept him off the court this entire season.
Monday night the Knicks bought out his contract and put him on waivers, according to a tweet from Frank Isola of the New York Daily News. He was in the final year of a $3.3 million deal. Nobody will grab him because he is not ready to play right now.
Hopefully after the lockout he’ll be ready and will get a chance somewhere. He was an explosive athlete, hopefully this injury heals to the point that returns, as well.
The Knicks also waived Corey Brewer, which was more of a surprise. They are expected to bring Jared Jeffries in to fill one of those slots.
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 1
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 13
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 39
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 22
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 19
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29