Feb 28, 2011, 10:37 PM EDT
Knicks fans should robbed.
Kelenna Azubuike was potentially a great fit in Mike D’Antoni’s system. But the torn patellar tendon that robbed him of most of last season with the Warriors (he came east in the David Lee trade) has kept him off the court this entire season.
Monday night the Knicks bought out his contract and put him on waivers, according to a tweet from Frank Isola of the New York Daily News. He was in the final year of a $3.3 million deal. Nobody will grab him because he is not ready to play right now.
Hopefully after the lockout he’ll be ready and will get a chance somewhere. He was an explosive athlete, hopefully this injury heals to the point that returns, as well.
The Knicks also waived Corey Brewer, which was more of a surprise. They are expected to bring Jared Jeffries in to fill one of those slots.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 22
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 22
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4