Feb 28, 2011, 10:37 PM EDT
Knicks fans should robbed.
Kelenna Azubuike was potentially a great fit in Mike D’Antoni’s system. But the torn patellar tendon that robbed him of most of last season with the Warriors (he came east in the David Lee trade) has kept him off the court this entire season.
Monday night the Knicks bought out his contract and put him on waivers, according to a tweet from Frank Isola of the New York Daily News. He was in the final year of a $3.3 million deal. Nobody will grab him because he is not ready to play right now.
Hopefully after the lockout he’ll be ready and will get a chance somewhere. He was an explosive athlete, hopefully this injury heals to the point that returns, as well.
The Knicks also waived Corey Brewer, which was more of a surprise. They are expected to bring Jared Jeffries in to fill one of those slots.
- Reports: Bulls close to firing Tom Thibodeau 0
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 0
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 38
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 3
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 24
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 82
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 23