Feb 28, 2011, 10:37 PM EDT
Knicks fans should robbed.
Kelenna Azubuike was potentially a great fit in Mike D’Antoni’s system. But the torn patellar tendon that robbed him of most of last season with the Warriors (he came east in the David Lee trade) has kept him off the court this entire season.
Monday night the Knicks bought out his contract and put him on waivers, according to a tweet from Frank Isola of the New York Daily News. He was in the final year of a $3.3 million deal. Nobody will grab him because he is not ready to play right now.
Hopefully after the lockout he’ll be ready and will get a chance somewhere. He was an explosive athlete, hopefully this injury heals to the point that returns, as well.
The Knicks also waived Corey Brewer, which was more of a surprise. They are expected to bring Jared Jeffries in to fill one of those slots.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 12
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50