Feb 28, 2011, 10:37 PM EDT
Knicks fans should robbed.
Kelenna Azubuike was potentially a great fit in Mike D’Antoni’s system. But the torn patellar tendon that robbed him of most of last season with the Warriors (he came east in the David Lee trade) has kept him off the court this entire season.
Monday night the Knicks bought out his contract and put him on waivers, according to a tweet from Frank Isola of the New York Daily News. He was in the final year of a $3.3 million deal. Nobody will grab him because he is not ready to play right now.
Hopefully after the lockout he’ll be ready and will get a chance somewhere. He was an explosive athlete, hopefully this injury heals to the point that returns, as well.
The Knicks also waived Corey Brewer, which was more of a surprise. They are expected to bring Jared Jeffries in to fill one of those slots.
- Timberwolves’ coach Rick Adelman announcenes retirement 2
- Knicks fire Mike Woodson 17
- Monday NBA playoff previews: Expect a different looking Clippers/Warriors game. 0
- Sunday NBA grades: Nene, Aldridge lead day where big men shine 4
- LaMarcus Aldridge’s Trail Blazers claw back for Game 1 win over Houston Rockets 16