Feb 28, 2011, 9:51 AM EDT
We told you last night Rasual Butler got bought out by the Clippers, now it appears he will be playing out on the wing for the Chicago Bulls.
The Bulls have been looking for help out on the wing all season. Butler plays the wing. But Bulls fans should be cautious about getting their hopes up here — Butler is shooting 32.3 percent overall this season, 32.6 percent from three and actually has a worse PER than Keith Bogans. Even Rasual Butler at his peak is not going to give you the offense of Kyle Korver.
The Bulls chose not to mortgage the future to get a wing now at the trade deadline. That was smart. But don’t expect a good player to just fall into your lap with a buyout. These guys are being bought out for a reason.
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 0
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 0
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 8
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 4
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 24
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 4