Feb 28, 2011, 9:51 AM EST
We told you last night Rasual Butler got bought out by the Clippers, now it appears he will be playing out on the wing for the Chicago Bulls.
The Bulls have been looking for help out on the wing all season. Butler plays the wing. But Bulls fans should be cautious about getting their hopes up here — Butler is shooting 32.3 percent overall this season, 32.6 percent from three and actually has a worse PER than Keith Bogans. Even Rasual Butler at his peak is not going to give you the offense of Kyle Korver.
The Bulls chose not to mortgage the future to get a wing now at the trade deadline. That was smart. But don’t expect a good player to just fall into your lap with a buyout. These guys are being bought out for a reason.
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 8
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 15
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 28
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 20
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 9
- It’s official: Jabari Parker out for the season with torn ACL 20
- Grizzlies snap Warriors’ 16-game winning streak 4
- Report: Chris Mullin doesn’t want to jump in mid-season to coach Kings 3