Feb 28, 2011, 9:51 AM EST
We told you last night Rasual Butler got bought out by the Clippers, now it appears he will be playing out on the wing for the Chicago Bulls.
The Bulls have been looking for help out on the wing all season. Butler plays the wing. But Bulls fans should be cautious about getting their hopes up here — Butler is shooting 32.3 percent overall this season, 32.6 percent from three and actually has a worse PER than Keith Bogans. Even Rasual Butler at his peak is not going to give you the offense of Kyle Korver.
The Bulls chose not to mortgage the future to get a wing now at the trade deadline. That was smart. But don’t expect a good player to just fall into your lap with a buyout. These guys are being bought out for a reason.
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 1
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 1
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 20
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 13
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 24
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (39)