Feb 28, 2011, 9:51 AM EST
We told you last night Rasual Butler got bought out by the Clippers, now it appears he will be playing out on the wing for the Chicago Bulls.
The Bulls have been looking for help out on the wing all season. Butler plays the wing. But Bulls fans should be cautious about getting their hopes up here — Butler is shooting 32.3 percent overall this season, 32.6 percent from three and actually has a worse PER than Keith Bogans. Even Rasual Butler at his peak is not going to give you the offense of Kyle Korver.
The Bulls chose not to mortgage the future to get a wing now at the trade deadline. That was smart. But don’t expect a good player to just fall into your lap with a buyout. These guys are being bought out for a reason.
- Jimmy Butler on Derrick Rose: “We want him to be 100 percent” for the playoffs 10
- Report: Free agent market for Jeff Green is as strong ‘if not stronger’ than it is for Rajon Rondo 16
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 49
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 3
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 55