Feb 28, 2011, 9:51 AM EDT
We told you last night Rasual Butler got bought out by the Clippers, now it appears he will be playing out on the wing for the Chicago Bulls.
The Bulls have been looking for help out on the wing all season. Butler plays the wing. But Bulls fans should be cautious about getting their hopes up here — Butler is shooting 32.3 percent overall this season, 32.6 percent from three and actually has a worse PER than Keith Bogans. Even Rasual Butler at his peak is not going to give you the offense of Kyle Korver.
The Bulls chose not to mortgage the future to get a wing now at the trade deadline. That was smart. But don’t expect a good player to just fall into your lap with a buyout. These guys are being bought out for a reason.
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 0
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 11
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 7
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 66
- Mario Chalmers: “I never thought anybody would want to leave Miami for Cleveland” 65
- Las Vegas Summer League review: How did Andrew Wiggins, other lottery picks fare? 14
- Report: Knicks open to trading Iman Shumpert or J.R. Smith 29
- Top seven free agents still on the market 49