Feb 27, 2011, 12:41 PM EDT
Let’s do a little exercise. I want you to make a list of every single thing in the world that you would consider worth fighting with a friend over. From the last coffee cup in the office kitchen, to politics, to wrapping paper, to the Oscars, to sharks. Once you’re done, continue.
Now, where is “Someone claimed they were the same moniker you once adopted before you bolted for somewhere else” land? For me, that’s pretty much at the absolute bottom, near “where does Roseanne Barr rank on the list of your favorite female comediennes,” and “Justin Bieber.”
But apparently not for LeBron James. Take it away, ESPN!
It began at a birthday party for (Daniel) Gibson and Cleveland-based DJ Steph Floss on Friday night. During the event, two witnesses told ESPN.com that Gibson made a reference to being the new king of Cleveland during a toast.
According to a source close to Gibson, James became upset upon hearing about the boast. The source said James and Gibson later resolved the issue because Gibson didn’t mean to insult James.But not before the drama unfolded in front of their more-than-1.5 million combined Twitter followers.
… /dons 13-year-0ld girl voice
“So, first LeBron was totally like:
‘I wake up this morning to hear somebody got real fly at the mouth at their party lastnight. I see where we stand now even though I sense it!
And then Boobie was all:
‘Complaining about someones tweets is like complaining about the channel & you got the remote in your hands..
And LeBron was being all:
‘Like my OG Otie say at the time,”Get out your feelings”
So then Boobie said:
‘Life is too short to worry about what others feel & think about you.. So have fun #DoYou & Give em something to talk about
But then they totally got on the phone, and talked it out and it was so sweet, and so LeBron was all:
‘The Air Is Cleared
And then they totally went for ice cream! BFFs again!”
This concludes your Sunday morning check-in of things which are completely stupid that NBA players fight about in publicly held forums. Enjoy your day.
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 18
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 55
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23