Feb 26, 2011, 11:59 PM EDT
Joel Przybilla was dished to Charlotte for Gerald Wallace in what was thought to be a cash dump. Seeing as how the Bobcats are going nowhere and just looking to finish out the year, get their draft picks and start over, Przybilla was high on the list of prospective buyout candidates. He’s a capable big with experience who could help a club. But it turns out he may be sticking around after all. From the Charlotte Observer:
An hour and a half of meetings with coach Paul Silas, general manager Rod Higgins and team owner Michael Jordan apparently smoothed over all that. Przybilla said at practice Saturday that he’s excited because the Bobcats are excited to have him.
Przybilla thought he was just being thrown into the deal for Gerald Wallace because of his expiring contract. Silas convinced him he’ll play plenty as the backup to Kwame Brown; that’s he’s wanted and needed.
“When I first saw him, walking down the hall, I said, ‘How are you doing?’ He said, ‘Ah, I’m doing…’ ” Silas described. “I said you’re going to be all right and then we sat down and had a long talk.
“I said how good he could make our ballclub, how good it could be for him. If he wants to play another year or whatever, I really think he will be able to, because people are going to see a lot different, as they’ve seen in some other players who have played here.”
So Przybilla might be staying. Good on the Cats for wanting him to finish out the year. The Cats need to change their culture in a big way, and maybe Paul Silas can help with that. Just don’t overpay for Joel this summer. The rebuilding must go on.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 28
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 43
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4