Feb 26, 2011, 11:59 PM EDT
Joel Przybilla was dished to Charlotte for Gerald Wallace in what was thought to be a cash dump. Seeing as how the Bobcats are going nowhere and just looking to finish out the year, get their draft picks and start over, Przybilla was high on the list of prospective buyout candidates. He’s a capable big with experience who could help a club. But it turns out he may be sticking around after all. From the Charlotte Observer:
An hour and a half of meetings with coach Paul Silas, general manager Rod Higgins and team owner Michael Jordan apparently smoothed over all that. Przybilla said at practice Saturday that he’s excited because the Bobcats are excited to have him.
Przybilla thought he was just being thrown into the deal for Gerald Wallace because of his expiring contract. Silas convinced him he’ll play plenty as the backup to Kwame Brown; that’s he’s wanted and needed.
“When I first saw him, walking down the hall, I said, ‘How are you doing?’ He said, ‘Ah, I’m doing…’ ” Silas described. “I said you’re going to be all right and then we sat down and had a long talk.
“I said how good he could make our ballclub, how good it could be for him. If he wants to play another year or whatever, I really think he will be able to, because people are going to see a lot different, as they’ve seen in some other players who have played here.”
So Przybilla might be staying. Good on the Cats for wanting him to finish out the year. The Cats need to change their culture in a big way, and maybe Paul Silas can help with that. Just don’t overpay for Joel this summer. The rebuilding must go on.
- Spurs show they have too much offense for Grizzlies to handle in Game 1 destruction 0
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets 34
- Spurs would like to remind you they are very good, crush Grizzlies in Game 1 14
- LeBron takes offense to something that Pacers’ head coach Vogel didn’t actually say 45
- Thunder GM says team won’t amnesty Kendrick Perkins 27
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (84)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay