Feb 26, 2011, 11:59 PM EDT
Joel Przybilla was dished to Charlotte for Gerald Wallace in what was thought to be a cash dump. Seeing as how the Bobcats are going nowhere and just looking to finish out the year, get their draft picks and start over, Przybilla was high on the list of prospective buyout candidates. He’s a capable big with experience who could help a club. But it turns out he may be sticking around after all. From the Charlotte Observer:
An hour and a half of meetings with coach Paul Silas, general manager Rod Higgins and team owner Michael Jordan apparently smoothed over all that. Przybilla said at practice Saturday that he’s excited because the Bobcats are excited to have him.
Przybilla thought he was just being thrown into the deal for Gerald Wallace because of his expiring contract. Silas convinced him he’ll play plenty as the backup to Kwame Brown; that’s he’s wanted and needed.
“When I first saw him, walking down the hall, I said, ‘How are you doing?’ He said, ‘Ah, I’m doing…’ ” Silas described. “I said you’re going to be all right and then we sat down and had a long talk.
“I said how good he could make our ballclub, how good it could be for him. If he wants to play another year or whatever, I really think he will be able to, because people are going to see a lot different, as they’ve seen in some other players who have played here.”
So Przybilla might be staying. Good on the Cats for wanting him to finish out the year. The Cats need to change their culture in a big way, and maybe Paul Silas can help with that. Just don’t overpay for Joel this summer. The rebuilding must go on.
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 0
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 5
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18
- Bulls pull away in double-overtime to take 3-0 lead over Bucks 10
- LeBron James lifts Kyrie Irving and Cavaliers to 3-0 lead over Celtics 13
- PBT Extra: Thin bench becomes big issue for Clippers against Spurs 7