Feb 25, 2011, 3:07 PM EDT
UPDATE 3:06 pm: Andray Blatche took to twitter to deny that he challenged someone to a fight through twitter. Here is what he wrote:
If anyone really thinks that was me responding yesterday is crazy I just heard of this this morning
i would like for everyone to use there brain for a moment im hardly on here why would i wanna be on twitter in miami i tweeted 33 things
Maybe he is telling the truth, but frankly I’ve become pretty desensitized to these “my account was hacked” excuses. Everyone uses it. Boy who cried wolf thing. You can decide for yourself what the truth is here.
2:07 pm: Just a little public service reminder to the NBA players out there: twitter is a public forum. When you hit “reply” to respond to a tweet, it goes into your timeline. Everyone can read it. So don’t say anything stupid.
Which brings us to Andray Blatche of the Washington Wizards and the long-running questions of his maturity. Both on and off the court, but today we will talk about off.
Blatche has a twitter account (@drayblatche) and like every NBA player on twitter he has some spammers and haters out there who just message him trying to get under his skin. Blatche got into it with one of these guys the other day then challenged him to a fight via twitter, according to NBCWashington. First he tweeted:
“ok let’s do this so everyone can see wat u bout let’s meet n dc saturday after my game”
The guy didn’t respond so Blatche tried it again. The tweets are now gone but this was his second tweet.
…like I said I’m done with this fake internet thing if u wanna see meet me saturday after game i can throw these things homie
Not good. Really not good in Washington, a city that saw the Redskins Brandon Banks stabbed after an altercation outside a nightclub. (How did that knife-wielding idiot find Banks? The player tweeted the club he and buddies were heading out to.)
Blatche has a world of physical gifts, but his ability and willingness to do what is necessary to really use them have been the questions. His maturity has been in question. This may answer the questions, but not in a good way. You can bet this doesn’t sit well with Ted Leonsis as he tries to rebuild the organization’s reputation in the community.
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 4
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 18
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 17
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 26
- LeBron James-Paul George matchup reaches awesome levels in Game 2 11
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy