Feb 25, 2011, 8:59 PM EDT
The Czar (of the telestrator) is headed to the old Soviet bloc.
Mike Fratello, the former NBA coach and current TNT color commentator, will coach the Ukrainian national team at the European Championships this summer, according to the Associated Press.
Hopefully they like slow it down, grind it out, defensive basketball that Fratello was known for in stops with Atlanta, Cleveland and Memphis.
Ukraine is in Group D with Slovenia, Russia, Belgium, Bulgaria and Georgia for the championships that start at the end of August and run for two weeks.
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 0
- Harden’s 17 fourth quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 2
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 47
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 25
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20