Feb 25, 2011, 8:59 PM EST
The Czar (of the telestrator) is headed to the old Soviet bloc.
Mike Fratello, the former NBA coach and current TNT color commentator, will coach the Ukrainian national team at the European Championships this summer, according to the Associated Press.
Hopefully they like slow it down, grind it out, defensive basketball that Fratello was known for in stops with Atlanta, Cleveland and Memphis.
Ukraine is in Group D with Slovenia, Russia, Belgium, Bulgaria and Georgia for the championships that start at the end of August and run for two weeks.
- Wesley Matthews’ injury will test Trail Blazers’ spacing 3
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 11
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 4
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14