Feb 25, 2011, 8:59 PM EDT
The Czar (of the telestrator) is headed to the old Soviet bloc.
Mike Fratello, the former NBA coach and current TNT color commentator, will coach the Ukrainian national team at the European Championships this summer, according to the Associated Press.
Hopefully they like slow it down, grind it out, defensive basketball that Fratello was known for in stops with Atlanta, Cleveland and Memphis.
Ukraine is in Group D with Slovenia, Russia, Belgium, Bulgaria and Georgia for the championships that start at the end of August and run for two weeks.
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under two hours, players barely notice 0
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 9
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 6
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 30
- Suns coach Hornacek says shortening games won’t help teams rest their stars 2
- Lakers coach Byron Scott’s philosophy on three-pointers: ‘I don’t believe it wins championships’ 33
- Accounting for Klay Thompson choosing a contract extension over new-TV-deal money 2
- Kobe Bryant calls ESPN voters who ranked him No. 40 ‘idiots’ 34