Feb 25, 2011, 8:59 PM EST
The Czar (of the telestrator) is headed to the old Soviet bloc.
Mike Fratello, the former NBA coach and current TNT color commentator, will coach the Ukrainian national team at the European Championships this summer, according to the Associated Press.
Hopefully they like slow it down, grind it out, defensive basketball that Fratello was known for in stops with Atlanta, Cleveland and Memphis.
Ukraine is in Group D with Slovenia, Russia, Belgium, Bulgaria and Georgia for the championships that start at the end of August and run for two weeks.
- Did win over Lakers break Rockets out of their defensive slump? 0
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 6
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 9
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 33
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 46