Feb 25, 2011, 7:33 PM EDT
Mike Dunleavy is expected to miss 6-8 weeks after undergoing successful surgery on his left thumb. Dunleavy suffered the injury when the Pacers played the Wizards last Tuesday.
Dunleavy has never lived up to his billing as a #3 overall pick, but this injury will hurt the Pacers’ chances of making the playoffs. Dunleavy was averaging 11 points and 4. 8 rebounds per game, and was shooting 40% from beyond the arc. The Pacers are currently clinging to the eighth and final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference. Since the #9 team in the conference just traded away Gerald Wallace, the Pacers’ playoff hopes appear safe for the moment, but this injury could set them back.
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 5
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 22
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 71
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 53
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 29
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4