Feb 25, 2011, 7:33 PM EDT
Mike Dunleavy is expected to miss 6-8 weeks after undergoing successful surgery on his left thumb. Dunleavy suffered the injury when the Pacers played the Wizards last Tuesday.
Dunleavy has never lived up to his billing as a #3 overall pick, but this injury will hurt the Pacers’ chances of making the playoffs. Dunleavy was averaging 11 points and 4. 8 rebounds per game, and was shooting 40% from beyond the arc. The Pacers are currently clinging to the eighth and final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference. Since the #9 team in the conference just traded away Gerald Wallace, the Pacers’ playoff hopes appear safe for the moment, but this injury could set them back.
- Warriors take Game 1 from Clippers 0
- Nets defense smothers Raptors, gets Brooklyn Game 1 win on road 27
- PBT Extra: Are Pacers or Spurs in any trouble in first round? 5
- All PBT’s first round playoff previews in one place 0
- Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 28