Feb 25, 2011, 7:33 PM EDT
Mike Dunleavy is expected to miss 6-8 weeks after undergoing successful surgery on his left thumb. Dunleavy suffered the injury when the Pacers played the Wizards last Tuesday.
Dunleavy has never lived up to his billing as a #3 overall pick, but this injury will hurt the Pacers’ chances of making the playoffs. Dunleavy was averaging 11 points and 4. 8 rebounds per game, and was shooting 40% from beyond the arc. The Pacers are currently clinging to the eighth and final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference. Since the #9 team in the conference just traded away Gerald Wallace, the Pacers’ playoff hopes appear safe for the moment, but this injury could set them back.
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 0
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 23
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 16
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winners start with Lakers 24
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8