Feb 25, 2011, 7:33 PM EST
Mike Dunleavy is expected to miss 6-8 weeks after undergoing successful surgery on his left thumb. Dunleavy suffered the injury when the Pacers played the Wizards last Tuesday.
Dunleavy has never lived up to his billing as a #3 overall pick, but this injury will hurt the Pacers’ chances of making the playoffs. Dunleavy was averaging 11 points and 4. 8 rebounds per game, and was shooting 40% from beyond the arc. The Pacers are currently clinging to the eighth and final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference. Since the #9 team in the conference just traded away Gerald Wallace, the Pacers’ playoff hopes appear safe for the moment, but this injury could set them back.
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 0
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 17
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 4
- Thursday night NBA grades: Gerald Green just couldn’t seem to miss 5
- After rough shooting night LeBron says he’s “not a big fan” of sleeved jerseys 37