Feb 25, 2011, 7:33 PM EST
Mike Dunleavy is expected to miss 6-8 weeks after undergoing successful surgery on his left thumb. Dunleavy suffered the injury when the Pacers played the Wizards last Tuesday.
Dunleavy has never lived up to his billing as a #3 overall pick, but this injury will hurt the Pacers’ chances of making the playoffs. Dunleavy was averaging 11 points and 4. 8 rebounds per game, and was shooting 40% from beyond the arc. The Pacers are currently clinging to the eighth and final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference. Since the #9 team in the conference just traded away Gerald Wallace, the Pacers’ playoff hopes appear safe for the moment, but this injury could set them back.
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 30