Feb 25, 2011, 5:28 PM EST
In an interview taped before last night’s Celtics/Nuggets game on TNT, George Karl was enthusiastic about how the new-look Nuggets would be playing defense now that they didn’t have to “handle what Carmelo gives you” on the defensive end.
Anthony apparently noticed, and tweeted the following last night:
Damn, are u serious. Some people never seize (sic) to amaze me. Unbelievable
WHEN THE GRASS IS CUT THE SNAKES WILL SHOW.
In any case, the Nuggets held a depleted Celtics team to 75 points on Thursday, which is the lowest total they’ve held an opposing team to all season long. The Nuggets had the highest offensive efficiency in the league when they traded Carmelo, but their defense was what was keeping them from being a real title contender. If Carmelo wants to do with New York what he wasn’t able to do with Denver, he may want to listen to what Karl is saying. After the New York honeymoon is over, Knicks fans are going to want wins, and lots of them. And that won’t happen without defense, and defense won’t happen until the superstars buy in.
- Report: JaVale McGee close to signing with Celtics 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 9
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 12
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18