Feb 25, 2011, 5:28 PM EDT
In an interview taped before last night’s Celtics/Nuggets game on TNT, George Karl was enthusiastic about how the new-look Nuggets would be playing defense now that they didn’t have to “handle what Carmelo gives you” on the defensive end.
Anthony apparently noticed, and tweeted the following last night:
Damn, are u serious. Some people never seize (sic) to amaze me. Unbelievable
WHEN THE GRASS IS CUT THE SNAKES WILL SHOW.
In any case, the Nuggets held a depleted Celtics team to 75 points on Thursday, which is the lowest total they’ve held an opposing team to all season long. The Nuggets had the highest offensive efficiency in the league when they traded Carmelo, but their defense was what was keeping them from being a real title contender. If Carmelo wants to do with New York what he wasn’t able to do with Denver, he may want to listen to what Karl is saying. After the New York honeymoon is over, Knicks fans are going to want wins, and lots of them. And that won’t happen without defense, and defense won’t happen until the superstars buy in.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 2
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 14
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8