Feb 25, 2011, 5:28 PM EST
In an interview taped before last night’s Celtics/Nuggets game on TNT, George Karl was enthusiastic about how the new-look Nuggets would be playing defense now that they didn’t have to “handle what Carmelo gives you” on the defensive end.
Anthony apparently noticed, and tweeted the following last night:
Damn, are u serious. Some people never seize (sic) to amaze me. Unbelievable
WHEN THE GRASS IS CUT THE SNAKES WILL SHOW.
In any case, the Nuggets held a depleted Celtics team to 75 points on Thursday, which is the lowest total they’ve held an opposing team to all season long. The Nuggets had the highest offensive efficiency in the league when they traded Carmelo, but their defense was what was keeping them from being a real title contender. If Carmelo wants to do with New York what he wasn’t able to do with Denver, he may want to listen to what Karl is saying. After the New York honeymoon is over, Knicks fans are going to want wins, and lots of them. And that won’t happen without defense, and defense won’t happen until the superstars buy in.
- Carmelo Anthony sits out second half vs. Portland with sore knee 0
- LeBron, after Cavaliers lose by 23 at home to Pistons: ‘Right now we are not very good. In every aspect of the game’ 29
- Paul Pierce ‘shocked’ by Celtics trade of Rajon Rondo to Mavericks 16
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 15
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 30
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 19
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 12
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15