Feb 25, 2011, 5:28 PM EST
In an interview taped before last night’s Celtics/Nuggets game on TNT, George Karl was enthusiastic about how the new-look Nuggets would be playing defense now that they didn’t have to “handle what Carmelo gives you” on the defensive end.
Anthony apparently noticed, and tweeted the following last night:
Damn, are u serious. Some people never seize (sic) to amaze me. Unbelievable
WHEN THE GRASS IS CUT THE SNAKES WILL SHOW.
In any case, the Nuggets held a depleted Celtics team to 75 points on Thursday, which is the lowest total they’ve held an opposing team to all season long. The Nuggets had the highest offensive efficiency in the league when they traded Carmelo, but their defense was what was keeping them from being a real title contender. If Carmelo wants to do with New York what he wasn’t able to do with Denver, he may want to listen to what Karl is saying. After the New York honeymoon is over, Knicks fans are going to want wins, and lots of them. And that won’t happen without defense, and defense won’t happen until the superstars buy in.
- NBA denies Kings’ protest 2
- Kobe Bryant says Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett among best trash talkers he’s faced 8
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 8
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 9
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13