Feb 25, 2011, 5:28 PM EDT
In an interview taped before last night’s Celtics/Nuggets game on TNT, George Karl was enthusiastic about how the new-look Nuggets would be playing defense now that they didn’t have to “handle what Carmelo gives you” on the defensive end.
Anthony apparently noticed, and tweeted the following last night:
Damn, are u serious. Some people never seize (sic) to amaze me. Unbelievable
WHEN THE GRASS IS CUT THE SNAKES WILL SHOW.
In any case, the Nuggets held a depleted Celtics team to 75 points on Thursday, which is the lowest total they’ve held an opposing team to all season long. The Nuggets had the highest offensive efficiency in the league when they traded Carmelo, but their defense was what was keeping them from being a real title contender. If Carmelo wants to do with New York what he wasn’t able to do with Denver, he may want to listen to what Karl is saying. After the New York honeymoon is over, Knicks fans are going to want wins, and lots of them. And that won’t happen without defense, and defense won’t happen until the superstars buy in.
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 11
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 10
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 42
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 23
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 63
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 72
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 22