Feb 25, 2011, 4:45 PM EST
Blake Griffin almost didn’t do the car dunk.
Because there was a lot of paperwork to get done. Seriously. See Kia knew they wanted to do a commercial out of it so Blake’s people and Kia’s people (and a bunch of lawyers) got together and drew up the papers well in advance. Then it dawned on them late in the game they needed approvals from Baron Davis as well (he throws the pass out of the sunroof), so there was that round of paperwork. But they got it done and Griffin dunked.
And interest in Kia cars, Kia Optimas in particular, went up, according to CNBC’s Darren Rovell (just keep scrolling down).
What if Griffin had not made the finals of the Dunk Contest? Yea, like that was going to happen. Start inserting your conspiracy theories here. David Stern is the Illuminati.
But the commercial is done and running.
And here CNBC’s Rovell breaks it down for you.
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 0
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 12
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 24
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 5
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 7
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 7
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 3