Feb 25, 2011, 4:45 PM EDT
Blake Griffin almost didn’t do the car dunk.
Because there was a lot of paperwork to get done. Seriously. See Kia knew they wanted to do a commercial out of it so Blake’s people and Kia’s people (and a bunch of lawyers) got together and drew up the papers well in advance. Then it dawned on them late in the game they needed approvals from Baron Davis as well (he throws the pass out of the sunroof), so there was that round of paperwork. But they got it done and Griffin dunked.
And interest in Kia cars, Kia Optimas in particular, went up, according to CNBC’s Darren Rovell (just keep scrolling down).
What if Griffin had not made the finals of the Dunk Contest? Yea, like that was going to happen. Start inserting your conspiracy theories here. David Stern is the Illuminati.
But the commercial is done and running.
And here CNBC’s Rovell breaks it down for you.
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 38
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 26
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2