Feb 25, 2011, 4:45 PM EDT
Blake Griffin almost didn’t do the car dunk.
Because there was a lot of paperwork to get done. Seriously. See Kia knew they wanted to do a commercial out of it so Blake’s people and Kia’s people (and a bunch of lawyers) got together and drew up the papers well in advance. Then it dawned on them late in the game they needed approvals from Baron Davis as well (he throws the pass out of the sunroof), so there was that round of paperwork. But they got it done and Griffin dunked.
And interest in Kia cars, Kia Optimas in particular, went up, according to CNBC’s Darren Rovell (just keep scrolling down).
What if Griffin had not made the finals of the Dunk Contest? Yea, like that was going to happen. Start inserting your conspiracy theories here. David Stern is the Illuminati.
But the commercial is done and running.
And here CNBC’s Rovell breaks it down for you.
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 2
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 13
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 23
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winners start with Lakers 24