Feb 25, 2011, 4:45 PM EDT
Blake Griffin almost didn’t do the car dunk.
Because there was a lot of paperwork to get done. Seriously. See Kia knew they wanted to do a commercial out of it so Blake’s people and Kia’s people (and a bunch of lawyers) got together and drew up the papers well in advance. Then it dawned on them late in the game they needed approvals from Baron Davis as well (he throws the pass out of the sunroof), so there was that round of paperwork. But they got it done and Griffin dunked.
And interest in Kia cars, Kia Optimas in particular, went up, according to CNBC’s Darren Rovell (just keep scrolling down).
What if Griffin had not made the finals of the Dunk Contest? Yea, like that was going to happen. Start inserting your conspiracy theories here. David Stern is the Illuminati.
But the commercial is done and running.
And here CNBC’s Rovell breaks it down for you.
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 23
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 9
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 69
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 8
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30