Feb 25, 2011, 4:45 PM EDT
Blake Griffin almost didn’t do the car dunk.
Because there was a lot of paperwork to get done. Seriously. See Kia knew they wanted to do a commercial out of it so Blake’s people and Kia’s people (and a bunch of lawyers) got together and drew up the papers well in advance. Then it dawned on them late in the game they needed approvals from Baron Davis as well (he throws the pass out of the sunroof), so there was that round of paperwork. But they got it done and Griffin dunked.
And interest in Kia cars, Kia Optimas in particular, went up, according to CNBC’s Darren Rovell (just keep scrolling down).
What if Griffin had not made the finals of the Dunk Contest? Yea, like that was going to happen. Start inserting your conspiracy theories here. David Stern is the Illuminati.
But the commercial is done and running.
And here CNBC’s Rovell breaks it down for you.
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 8
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 43
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 55
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 86
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13