Feb 24, 2011, 6:56 PM EDT
With the confusing series of Boston moves today that turned their front line from one of the league’s best to a question mark, a lot of people in Boston are asking what Danny Ainge has up his sleeve. They are asking:
He walked away after the NBA finals Game 7 last season — a game in which he was one of the best players for Boston — but he never moved out of Boston. He didn’t want to put up with the rigors of a full NBA season, but if it was just 20-something games and the playoffs….
But Sheed told Larry Ridley, sports anchor at the NBC 7 affiliate in Boston, that he “gave 15 years” to the NBA was not coming back. At all.
So Celtics fans, set your sights on Troy Murphy. Then light some candles in church and say some prayers for Shaq’s health.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 23
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49