Feb 24, 2011, 6:56 PM EDT
With the confusing series of Boston moves today that turned their front line from one of the league’s best to a question mark, a lot of people in Boston are asking what Danny Ainge has up his sleeve. They are asking:
He walked away after the NBA finals Game 7 last season — a game in which he was one of the best players for Boston — but he never moved out of Boston. He didn’t want to put up with the rigors of a full NBA season, but if it was just 20-something games and the playoffs….
But Sheed told Larry Ridley, sports anchor at the NBC 7 affiliate in Boston, that he “gave 15 years” to the NBA was not coming back. At all.
So Celtics fans, set your sights on Troy Murphy. Then light some candles in church and say some prayers for Shaq’s health.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 0
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 8
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 4
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 2
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 5
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3