Feb 24, 2011, 10:28 AM EDT
“Until we find five guys that really want to fight, compete and care the whole time, it’s really going to be tough.”
That was John Wall’s post-game comment after the Wizards got smoked by the Sixers Wednesday night. He’s frustrated. Good. He should be frustrated. If he were comfortable losing that would be a bigger problem.
But has he evolved into the place on this team where he is the locker room leader, where he can call guys out in the media? Is this the first steps on that road for him.
The Wizards are coasting through the dog days of the season. They are in a malaise. Maybe the trade bringing them Mike Bibby and Mo Evans will change that (but probably not, they did not get more talent in that deal). But what they need more is a leader to take over. We’ll see if Wall can be that guy as a rookie.
You can see him below, the good stuff starts about 30 seconds in.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 7
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 10
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8