Feb 24, 2011, 10:28 AM EST
“Until we find five guys that really want to fight, compete and care the whole time, it’s really going to be tough.”
That was John Wall’s post-game comment after the Wizards got smoked by the Sixers Wednesday night. He’s frustrated. Good. He should be frustrated. If he were comfortable losing that would be a bigger problem.
But has he evolved into the place on this team where he is the locker room leader, where he can call guys out in the media? Is this the first steps on that road for him.
The Wizards are coasting through the dog days of the season. They are in a malaise. Maybe the trade bringing them Mike Bibby and Mo Evans will change that (but probably not, they did not get more talent in that deal). But what they need more is a leader to take over. We’ll see if Wall can be that guy as a rookie.
You can see him below, the good stuff starts about 30 seconds in.
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 2
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 14
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 12
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 15
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17