Feb 24, 2011, 10:28 AM EDT
“Until we find five guys that really want to fight, compete and care the whole time, it’s really going to be tough.”
That was John Wall’s post-game comment after the Wizards got smoked by the Sixers Wednesday night. He’s frustrated. Good. He should be frustrated. If he were comfortable losing that would be a bigger problem.
But has he evolved into the place on this team where he is the locker room leader, where he can call guys out in the media? Is this the first steps on that road for him.
The Wizards are coasting through the dog days of the season. They are in a malaise. Maybe the trade bringing them Mike Bibby and Mo Evans will change that (but probably not, they did not get more talent in that deal). But what they need more is a leader to take over. We’ll see if Wall can be that guy as a rookie.
You can see him below, the good stuff starts about 30 seconds in.
- Report: Suns, Eric Bledsoe have ‘made progress’ on a new contract in last couple of days 0
- Report: Michael Beasley reaches agreement with Memphis Grizzlies 3
- Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 2
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 19
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16