Feb 24, 2011, 10:28 AM EDT
“Until we find five guys that really want to fight, compete and care the whole time, it’s really going to be tough.”
That was John Wall’s post-game comment after the Wizards got smoked by the Sixers Wednesday night. He’s frustrated. Good. He should be frustrated. If he were comfortable losing that would be a bigger problem.
But has he evolved into the place on this team where he is the locker room leader, where he can call guys out in the media? Is this the first steps on that road for him.
The Wizards are coasting through the dog days of the season. They are in a malaise. Maybe the trade bringing them Mike Bibby and Mo Evans will change that (but probably not, they did not get more talent in that deal). But what they need more is a leader to take over. We’ll see if Wall can be that guy as a rookie.
You can see him below, the good stuff starts about 30 seconds in.
- Kobe Bryant says elite players like LeBron, himself are underpaid. He’s right. 21
- It’s done: Kevin Love traded to Cavaliers, Andrew Wiggins headed to Minnesota in three-team deal 35
- Steve Nash called Kobe Bryant a “mother f****** a******” but in a good way 8
- USA Basketball announces 12 man roster for World Cup; Parsons, Hayward, Lillard, Korver cut 30
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 1
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 80
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16