Feb 23, 2011, 1:30 AM EDT
We told you about this a few days ago — the Nets were looking to move Troy Murphy and if it wasn’t going to be as part of the Carmelo Anthony deal then it likely would be to Golden State.
As had been rumored before, the deal is Dan Gadzuric and Brandan Wright to New Jersey for Troy Murphy and a second-round pick. There are some reports that a third team may get involved and the deal could expand, but this simple two-team deal is far more likely.
The Warriors may just buy out Murphy, in which case a number of contenders may contact him. Orlando, Dallas, Miami and Boston are rumored to be interested.
- Thunder GM says team won’t amnesty Kendrick Perkins 15
- Western Conference Finals preview: Grizzlies vs. Spurs 5
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks 46
- Roy Hibbert with the monster block on a dunk attempt from Carmelo Anthony (VIDEO) 29
- Nate Robinson unlikely to return to Bulls next season 21
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (79)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (63)
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay