Feb 23, 2011, 1:30 AM EDT
We told you about this a few days ago — the Nets were looking to move Troy Murphy and if it wasn’t going to be as part of the Carmelo Anthony deal then it likely would be to Golden State.
As had been rumored before, the deal is Dan Gadzuric and Brandan Wright to New Jersey for Troy Murphy and a second-round pick. There are some reports that a third team may get involved and the deal could expand, but this simple two-team deal is far more likely.
The Warriors may just buy out Murphy, in which case a number of contenders may contact him. Orlando, Dallas, Miami and Boston are rumored to be interested.
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 21
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 62
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 70
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8