Feb 23, 2011, 1:30 AM EDT
We told you about this a few days ago — the Nets were looking to move Troy Murphy and if it wasn’t going to be as part of the Carmelo Anthony deal then it likely would be to Golden State.
As had been rumored before, the deal is Dan Gadzuric and Brandan Wright to New Jersey for Troy Murphy and a second-round pick. There are some reports that a third team may get involved and the deal could expand, but this simple two-team deal is far more likely.
The Warriors may just buy out Murphy, in which case a number of contenders may contact him. Orlando, Dallas, Miami and Boston are rumored to be interested.
- J.J. Redick: Clippers deserve “F” for free agency after losing DeAndre Jordan 0
- PBT Podcast: Free agency’s winners and losers 0
- Report: Boston Celtics agree to trade for David Lee for Gerald Wallace 10
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 13
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 22
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 80
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 10