Feb 23, 2011, 10:09 AM EDT
Devin Harris became enough of a star in Dallas that the Nets thought they were getting something of real value in the Jason Kidd deal a few years back.
Now, looks like New Jersey has seen enough Harris and he is headed back tot Big D.
Harris is going to get moved and Dallas is the most likely destination, according to Al Iannazzone of the Bergen Record.
The Nets are looking at numerous scenarios involving Harris. The Dallas Mavericks are a leading candidate to acquire Harris, sources said. Portland also remained a possible destination.
If Harris goes to Dallas, the Nets would get small forward Caron Butler, rookie shooting guard Dominique Jones and a future first-round pick, a source said. Quinton Ross also could go to Dallas to make the salaries match.
The Nets have been frustrated with Harris’ play and level of commitment to the franchise.
This trade will get Jordan Farmar what he has really wanted — an NBA starting point guard job. You can’t question his level of commitment to the franchise. The consistency of his decision making? That’s another question entirely. But he’s going to get the chance he wanted so badly.
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” 1
- Spurs shut down Zach Randolph in Western Conference Finals’ first major strategic move 0
- Report: Terrence Williams arrested in domestic violence case involving threats with a gun 5
- Kobe was never going to retire this summer, says so on twitter 12
- Spurs show they have too much offense for Grizzlies to handle in Game 1 destruction 3
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (88)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (84)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- HBT: Cabrera rips three homers, passes Greenberg
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PBT: Spurs have too much offense for Grizz in Gm. 1
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay